Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General SmartDraw problem

• fatsia1234-lamu

December 12, 2022 at 4:03 pm

Thanks Joe!

• fatsia1234-lamu

December 26, 2022 at 7:28 am

Merry Christmas (belated, sorry, hope it was a good one!) and Happy New Year, Joe (and family)!

Jonathan

• Joe

Administrator
    December 27, 2022 at 9:00 am

Thank you my friend!

• fatsia1234-lamu

December 29, 2022 at 12:16 pm

Joe, what happens if high spots are not ground down?

• Joe

Administrator
    December 29, 2022 at 1:19 pm

It can cause strain on the joints of the plank. It really depends on the situation you have.

• fatsia1234-lamu

January 25, 2023 at 1:30 pm

Hi Joe —

Hope you are well. We are out of the first bedroom and into the living room and all the transitions so far (9 doorways) have worked out (thanks to your encouragement).

We were doing really well keeping the rows straight to the line until several rows into the living room. I had forgotten to show the corner fireplace on the drawing I sent you. When I built it I had left a space at the bottom for when we got around to doing the floor. The first 5 1/2 feet of flooring in the living room ends just under the bottom edge of the fireplace. When I put in the current row I had it straight to the line for 15 feet but I knocked the last 3 feet too deep by 3/16″. I can’t pull it back out. The planks still look tight. I was wondering if there’s a way to make up for that error as more flooring is laid.

Pic 1 is looking west from the kitchen, 2 is where the floor meets the fireplace, 3 is looking west into the hallway coming out to the living room. The blocks are going to be my attempt to keep the planks from moving any further.

Thanks, Jonathan

• Joe

Administrator
    January 25, 2023 at 4:49 pm
  • fatsia1234-lamu

January 25, 2023 at 4:54 pm

Thank you, Joe!

Jonathan

• fatsia1234-lamu

February 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm

Hi Joe —

We’re doing well so far with the floor — about 2/3 finished. I have aplace by the wall where the planks shifted and now there is too much of a gap left. When I put the molding down, you can see a bit of gap. I can’t adjust it from the other end of the rows because the other ends are under the edge of the fireplace brick and there is no way to get a pull bar under there. Is there any sort of trick I can use to fix this or minimize it? The pics show the gap with and without the molding and are looking down from above. The white is the molding and the black is gap. Thanks, Jonathan

• Joe

Administrator
    February 24, 2023 at 8:38 am
    • fatsia1234-lamu

February 24, 2023 at 9:16 am

Thanks for all those suggestions! I’ll give you a report when I fix it.

I’ve done around 13 or 14 doorways/closet doors and all without transitions. Sent back a bunch of T-moldings and the refund easily paid for all your help/blueprint!

Jonathan

• fatsia1234-lamu

November 28, 2023 at 5:14 pm

Hi Joe —

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. I just got notice of my expiring subscription. My floor was finished in April so at this time I don’t need to renew but it occurred to me that I need to ask one last question if you don’t mind. One of the transitions I installed between bathroom tile and our new flooring has come loose in the center. I had installed it with Masterweld 948 plus Flex 180 hot glue. Is there any way to just get some adhesive under the center (only slight space between tile and piece) or does it have to be pulled out and totally reinstalled? Thanks, Jonathan

• Joe

Administrator
    November 29, 2023 at 8:18 am

If you can pull it up enough to get the glue tip under you could do that. If not, it would need to be pulled up and re glued.

• fatsia1234-lamu

December 1, 2023 at 10:00 am

Thanks, Joe, once again, couldn’t have done it without you, everyone loves our floor (especially the family), so glad we didn’t need contractors (so much building in this area that the horror stories from poor workmanship are common). I am forever grateful for your help. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jonathan

• Joe

Administrator
    December 4, 2023 at 8:50 am

You are very welcome! Have a great Christmas!

Page 2 of 2