Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Mike

February 1, 2023 at 11:38 am

Hi Joe,

My stone fireplace, there is a pic in the early discussion. Im considering trying to undercut it with a diamond blade.

Do you think this would be easier than trying to scribe the stone at an angle?

If so, do you think Im better off renting a jam saw rather than trying an angle grinder?

Thanks Mike

• Joe

Administrator
    February 1, 2023 at 12:57 pm
  • Mike

February 5, 2023 at 7:07 am

Hi Joe,

Im still in the floor prep phase. Ive come to the conclusion that my subfloor is just bad, rolling hills of concrete. The task is just to daunting for me to handle by myself. Im 20 bags of Ardex in and feel like Im not making a dent in the issues.. I got a quote to have 1/2 to 3/4 of gypcrete 2000 poured throughout my house except master bath. Im ready to have this done.

Whats your opinion on this product and process? Do you think this would eliminate any further floor prep?

Mike

• Igor

February 5, 2023 at 7:53 pm

hi Mike, sorry for intruding your conversation. I am about to start floor prep as well. Could you please advise are we supposed to sand Andex once it dried out? If so, what tools did you use (Joe did not cover this aspect in the prep video). Thanks

• Joe

Administrator
        February 6, 2023 at 9:27 am

You can sand it if needed. Most of the time scraping high spots is enough but I sand it all the time.

• Mike

February 6, 2023 at 4:52 am

Hi Igor,

Home Depot has a 20 grit stone brick with a handle on it for 18$. Its worked for knocking of trowel lines and small imperfections.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 6, 2023 at 9:31 am
  • Mike

February 6, 2023 at 10:18 am

Thanks Joe,

I am in contact with a good company. They usually deal with builders and floor contractors, not homeowners directly. So, its up to me to prep for the pour, such as taping off around the cabinets so it doesn’t go under.

Should I tape around the perimeter drywall so to keep the existing gap?

Anything else I might overlook?

• Joe

Administrator
    February 6, 2023 at 11:13 am
  • Mike

February 9, 2023 at 8:52 am

Hi Joe,

Need your advice on the gypcrete. After talking to the installer, Im going to use a roll on moisture barrier on the concrete to keep moisture out of the gypcrete. Should I still use a 6mil type barrier on top of the gypcrete?

Thanks Mike

• Joe

Administrator
    February 9, 2023 at 9:35 am

There would be no need.

Page 2 of 2