Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• crystabel

March 2, 2023 at 3:06 pm

yea, i keep trying to get a closeup and the angles are so odd it makes it look flat. I’ll get a video and maybe that will help.

It seems like a really thick piece of metal, so i’m not really sure if i have what we need to cut it out. We have quite a few tools so maybe there’s something that we just need a different blade for that will do the trick.

I’ll be right back with some video.

• crystabel

March 2, 2023 at 3:30 pm

I’m adding a link to the video i put on youtube because i know there’s a limit to file sizes here in the forums.
    https://youtu.be/D4_B7NW2Lyo

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2023 at 8:50 am
  • crystabel

March 3, 2023 at 10:40 am

Thanks!

After watching your video I went out to check on that step. The step area is concrete or something of that nature and has glue down vinyl plank from the 90’s. I pulled up that vinyl and tapped the step and it’s hollow. So I gave a little tap to the metal and saw the step itself move a bit.
    That made me think it’s some sort of premade form that was laid down there. Then I pried under the step and sure enough it started to lift.
    The crack in the concrete looks to be part of that form and is a hollow spot right along the edge of our main slab. I think I’m going to be able to just pull that step/form straight out and the metal bar with it.
    If that doesn’t work I’ll pick up the saw or grinder (depending on which one my husband wants the most, lol. I like to do projects and he gets new tools!) and we’ll get it out of there.

Really appreciate your help on this. I’ve started laying down the floor in the bedroom and it is going great. I like being able to keep going back to the blueprint video to make sure I’m getting it done right. Just thanks so much for offering this service.

Also – that plank cutter I purchased is about the most amazing thing ever. It cuts perfect edges, angles, notches, all just right where i’m working.

• crystabel

March 4, 2023 at 11:59 am

We pried the whole form step off and found this crazy open edge of our foundation. Got it filled in today, will feather out any level issues once it’s dry, and will be ready to move on with the project!

Page 2 of 2