Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by crystabel on January 18, 2023 at 1:06 pm

Hi Joe,

Here is my house blueprint. I’m also attaching an image with notes on it, but not sure if the text will be too small so I’ll address those things in this post too.

I’m doing the whole house. I’d like to lay it across the house ——— left/right, with no transitions.
    The planks are Shaw, Primavera, 7.087″x48.03″, thickness .315″. (I will upload a pic from my phone once I’ve finished this post.)

Notes:

The top room in yellow is lower than the rest of the house and can be installed as it’s own space as it doesn’t connect to any other floor. Although, I need to know how to “finish” the edge/step from the room next to it since it’s just an opening going out there.

The black squares in the back “yellow” room represent glass block walls that are set back further than the drywall.

The black squares inside the house aren’t really columns, but they are sort of bumped out portions of walls to create niches or archways.
    There are several little angles at some door openings and in some rooms.

I’m not sure where to start. But hey, that’s why i’m here :).

I’m loving the videos and am feeling so much more confident about this install now.
    Thank you!!!

~Darcie

crystabel replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • crystabel

January 18, 2023 at 1:26 pm

Images of plank.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 18, 2023 at 3:48 pm
  • crystabel

January 18, 2023 at 8:11 pm

Wow, thank you for that quick response with the video.

Tomorrow I’ll upload pics of all of the areas you mentioned, and any others that I’m concerned with.

I’m working on a concrete slab.

Yes, east to west, just how you drew it. (For reference, the front of the house faces North.)

Starting in the master sounds good.

The 24th will be fine. I got sidetracked into a quick shower remodel after pulling up the tile in the bathroom so I’ll be busy with that this week. 🙂

Thanks again!

• crystabel

January 19, 2023 at 4:48 pm

House pics – part 1
    Here are images of the areas that you wanted to see.

All trim and baseboards are being replaced so i’ll be pulling it all off before install.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  crystabel.
  • crystabel

January 19, 2023 at 4:48 pm
  • crystabel

January 21, 2023 at 9:55 am

This mound was under our tub. Any ideas/thoughts about easy removal?

• Joe

Administrator
    January 21, 2023 at 4:35 pm
  • crystabel

January 21, 2023 at 8:48 pm

Thank you.

Also, after rewatching the video you sent I realized i didn’t answer a question.

Yes, I do plan to pull out the dishwasher, and floor that area.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 24, 2023 at 11:28 am

I am working on your blueprint right now.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 24, 2023 at 3:55 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c0VZrLxZj0

• crystabel

January 24, 2023 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for this highly detailed blueprint. I feel so much better about tackling this project.

Here’s a pic of the step into the bird’s room from the other side so that you can see it is currently two mini steps down (used to be a slider). We’ll be bringing that wide section up to meet the main floor level, so it will be just one step down to the room. I don’t have any sort of stair nose for that at this point.

I do have a question about snapping chalk lines over carpet? Obviously once we’re in the areas to lay the floor we’ll have pulled it up and prepped the floor. But what about at the very beginning after we’ve made our main line in the master and we’re going around the house checking for skinny plank spots and such? There’s nowhere to put all of the furniture for tearing out all of the flooring at once. Will a chalk line be reliable/accurate on carpet and going over thresholds of different flooring types?

I’m praying for good health and safety for your daughter and little one during this time, and hope all goes well.

Thank you for your prayer at the end of the video.

• crystabel

January 24, 2023 at 8:00 pm

Doesn’t look like the picture uploaded. Here- trying again.
    Bird’s room step view

• Joe

Administrator
    January 25, 2023 at 8:25 am
    • crystabel

March 2, 2023 at 2:25 pm

I finally got to the point where I pulled up the carpet at this step. It used to be a sliding door, we enclosed the back porch. I completely forgot about the huge metal door stop running the length that is encased into the block behind the drywall.

My original thought was that we would just put an 8″ (or however wide the step was once we pulled the carpet) plank across it and screw it down into the concrete step. But now we have that metal ridge that we also have to meet up to. Which i guess we could still put in the plank on that side and then build up to the ridge with the feather finish or….??

Any suggestions on leveling this out?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  crystabel.
  • crystabel

March 2, 2023 at 2:31 pm

one more pic with closer image of metal ridge

• Joe

Administrator
    March 2, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Page 1 of 2