Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Where to start laying the planks?

• Joe

Administrator
    April 8, 2021 at 8:38 am

here you go Matt-http://somup.com/crfjIBbLwM

• Matt

April 8, 2021 at 10:04 am

Awesome!!! Yes, that SW “BR” only has one doorway. Technically, it’s not a bedroom, as it doesn’t have a closet. It was the formal dining room – you know that 1970’s entry way with the formal dining to the left and a parlor to the right. The Den would legally be the bedroom in that in-law suite. I think I’m good to start!

Thank you so much for your help.

• Matt

April 27, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Been busy and haven’t posted our progress. Got started April 14. Here’s the starter row in the Master BR. I secured with hot glue rather than drilling the slab. This starter row DID NOT MOVE throughout the rest of the room!

• Matt

April 27, 2021 at 7:34 pm

MBR / dressing area / closet floor and new baseboards completed 1 week later. The tips and tricks in the videos saved us a TON of time. The doorways are actually FUN to do. Corelux planks lay nice and tight. Floor is square to less than 1/16 inch. Laid 5 courses of temporary planks into the hallway and it’s right on the baseline (and I mean right on).

Been prepping the guest rooms and hallway – start planking them tomorrow. The one downside of doing the whole house is that you’ll move nearly everything you own (at least) twice 🙂

• Joe

Administrator
    April 28, 2021 at 9:58 am

Looking good Matt!!

• Matt

May 6, 2021 at 10:46 pm

OK, Phase II complete! Guest bedrooms, guest bath hall and main hall done. There are 11 doorways in this area. Loving this project! We’ll be taking a small break before we re-do the living room (Remove-pop corn ceiling, removing paneling, then floor).

• Joe

Administrator
    May 7, 2021 at 8:24 am

That hallway just pops, doesn’t it!? This looks really nice Matt, you did an excellent job on this man! I am looking forward to seeing the entire project when it is done. Can you post this in the completed projects forum when you are done? I would really appreciate that.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 7, 2021 at 8:28 am

I am looking at these pics again and it just looks great man! All those doorways look so sharp! It looks professionally done.

• Matt

January 9, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Hi Joe.

We took a little hiatus – I got some contract work for 4 months. I learned, that being retired, I ain’t got time for that! We did a 5-week RV road trip and a few other things. All the time, we’ve been working on the main Living Room. Wanted to get the messy stuff done before we laid the planks. Popcorn off ceiling, picture-frame paneling off the walls, new sheetrock up with level-5 finish, and painting complete. Ready to resume flooring 🙂

Undercut the fireplace today (diamond blades on an oscillating saw – like a hot knife through butter). Need to level a small patch then planks ho!

BTW: Happy New Year!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Matt.
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 10, 2022 at 8:18 am

Thanks Matt!