Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Flooring Reviews Where to Secure Flooring as installing.

• Where to Secure Flooring as installing.

Posted by cosmicfox on February 19, 2024 at 11:57 am

Looking to see if I’m missing or overthinking the install. I’ve done Sold Hardwood install before, but that was simpler as I could staple and not worry about movement. I’m doing a Laminate install and want to do it without Transitions between rooms. In the drawing i show the main reference line and will be installing length wise throughout the bedrooms. Will be starting in Room 2. The Green lines are where I believe I need to secure the flooring and keep secure until the entire floor is installed. Am I missing anywhere, as for the first row’s I’ll use scrap pieces, then most likely screw along the edge for the other areas like in the hallway.

Any other advise is also welcome. I’ve chosen to start in room2 based on moving furniture and having to live around the install time.

Joe replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • cosmicfox

February 19, 2024 at 1:24 pm

I was thinking more about this as well. Would it be better to not start in room 2, but to start in the hallway and secure in both directions and have to flow backwards into two rooms. Reason for this, is to ensure that hallway is straight. I’ve seen this in a few of the Vid’s on very complex layouts. I just don’t know if mine requires that in order to ensure that the hallway is straight.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 20, 2024 at 9:37 am
  • cosmicfox

February 20, 2024 at 6:42 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I’ve watched all your Video’s some of them multiple times. Even though I’ve installed floors before; it was a glue & nail method so floating has it’s unique challenges. It’s been a few years so I need a refresher as well as picking up extra tips along the way. The video’s have been super helpful, thanks again.
    I did see in your video “Installing around a wall and reconnecting on the other side” you highlight where the secure as you are going around the walls. I did buy those spacers, and will most likely use a mix of them as well as the screw down method. I believe you validated my thinking, as I need to secure down anywhere that could get out of alignment as I’m hammering/installing new rows into it, that doesn’t already connect to the main floor that is prior secured.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 21, 2024 at 9:02 am

Yep, you got this!!