Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Patty on April 8, 2024 at 11:39 am

I have a plan in mind for my space of where to start, but checking to see if what I would like to do is the best plan. I will upload my blueprint. I am using Renature by e, it is ‘CLICK’ installation. Rigid vinyl plank. Also will upload a photo of my plank. I am installing in an old trailer, so wood floor. I’m taking my time preparing the old linoleum. I’d like to go under the stove, dishwasher, fridge (and under washer dryer.)

Patty replied 2 weeks, 5 days ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Patty

April 8, 2024 at 11:42 am

Looks like my photos and floorplan did not upload?

• Patty

April 8, 2024 at 11:45 am

Trying to upload floor plan another way.

• Patty

April 8, 2024 at 12:06 pm

And here is a photo of my plank.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Patty.
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 8, 2024 at 1:01 pm
    • Patty

April 8, 2024 at 1:25 pm

Joe, thanks for the very fast reply! I’m originally from Superior, WI, but now living in New Mexico. Attached are the photo. I am NOT going into any bedroom or bathroom. Hope these pics are okay. Such a narrow space, it can be hard to get good visuals. Let me know if you need more photos. If they show up in order, 1. is looking in at the kitchen from the dining room. 2. is from the other end of the kitchen looking into the dining room. (I’m not putting plank in living room.) 3. is from back hallway looking at the bathroom door. (I’m not going into the bathroom with plank.) 4. Is at the back bedroom doorway looking down that back hallway (toward the bathroom. 5. Is the short very narrow hallway between the kitchen and back hallway. Hope those make sense! GOOD videos, GREAT SCHOOL. You are a great teacher, not only a good craftsman. I am a retired graphic designer and process is very important to me. great work with your school, entire setup!

• Joe

Administrator
    April 9, 2024 at 11:26 am
    • Patty

April 9, 2024 at 12:55 pm

Joe, after watching most of the videos in bootcamp, my decision (before I asked you) was to start just where you suggested, in the kitchen on that wall with all the cabinets. I will study your video again a few times to cement in my mind the process. It’s what I would have guessed considering that narrow back hallway. I will write with questions once I get going, once they crop up. Next is preparing the dips/humps in that back hall and ensuring the kitchen floor is also level. THANK YOU!

• Patty

April 9, 2024 at 1:42 pm

A note on New Mexico. We have four seasons here. We have some snow (more in the mountains than where I am in the river valley), we get ice and sleet storms, especially this time of year. But we do not get a huge accumulation of snow, season of winter is way shorter, and fall lasts much longer than Up North. Coldest we get might be on average 10 above, sometimes a few degrees below zero but never for long. Summer is HOT! Not quite like the heat of Arizona, as I’m up at 5264 feet above sea level But we have a low-cost cooling alternative in our dry climate—swamp coolers! Not much humidity and almost no mosquitoes! I have family back home in minneapolis, St. Paul, and mom is in a nursing home in Duluth (Rice Lake/Hermntown). She used to live in Wisconsin 30 minutes from Duluth in Bennet in a 2-story log home she built with her second husband. Us kinds still visit the property so I come and go from The Great North Woods. I may decide to live at the lake in Summer, and winter here in NM. A brother of mine may join me. 🙂