Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Wes

May 2, 2023 at 9:56 pm

Ok, haven’t watched the blueprint vid yet, but I do believe the subfloor on either side of that doomed exterior wall are level with each other. New subfloor slid just under the bottom plate when we installed it. I went in and opened a small square of carpet and shot the laser through the window to it, as my laser says we’re good, I think.

Interestingly (hopefully not alarmingly) my new subfloor is almost 1/2” higher at the east end than at the old house. It does seem to gradually make that change, so maybe just a by by-product of our process or who knows? Hoping that’s not critical. Seems to be matching where it matters.

See photo…this is standing in that NE bedroom, looking down the hallway, into a bedroom of the old house. The door at the very back is to the hallway, so I’d say it is possible so grab a measurement from your desired hallway. May have to use a plumb bob and such, but we could figure that out if desired.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 3, 2023 at 8:57 am

perfect

• Wes

May 13, 2023 at 12:23 pm

Joe! Sorry for radio silence, just getting other projects knocked out before I devote full time to laying down this plank. I was just watching the “Check Your Layout” video, and I wondered….

How do I get a STHYDT t-shirt? Wouldn’t feel right laying plank without one…

• Joe

Administrator
    May 15, 2023 at 7:57 am

What size do you wear buddy?

• Wes

May 15, 2023 at 11:38 am

2X. I’m happy to pay for it.

• Wes

May 15, 2023 at 11:46 am

OK, a few questions.

Flooret’s base model is $2.95/sq ft. Signature is $4.50. I’d pretty much settled on Signature, but did some math and just wanted to make sure you think it’s worth it. I can afford Signature, and this is our forever home (I think), but I know in your video you said base was pretty good too. Seems to still have a better wear layer than Lifeproof or similar. Thoughts?

Also…as you know the flooring is going into a home addition. It’ll be heated/cooled with several mini-split units, which are not yet installed (though they are plumbed). Due to several factors, the attic insulated yet and I’m not sure if it’d tax those minisplits to run without insulation. How important is it for that flooring to be installed in a conditioned space? I know you talk about expansion joints, but would it survive a few months without AC?

Thanks Joe.

• Wes

May 15, 2023 at 11:48 am

…attic isn’t insulated yet.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 15, 2023 at 1:07 pm
  • Wes

May 15, 2023 at 2:20 pm

OK, I’ll let my wife know Joe insisted we go with Signature…..Just kiddin’, thanks for the affirmation of what I was already planning. It helps to know their “higher” price point is still lower than the rest of the market.

1509 NW Reiger Rd, Kansas City, MO 64118

• Wes

May 17, 2023 at 7:49 pm

In the bathroom, the vanity isn’t in yet. Do you think I should install it, then lay plank? Or install it on top of plank?

Flooret suggests buying 8% overage. Would you agree?

• Wes

May 17, 2023 at 7:57 pm
  • Wes

May 17, 2023 at 8:02 pm

I shoulda told you about this initially, but I forgot. Sorry about that. In the photo above, I’ve indicated some future walls that will likely go up, and I’ve indicated some walls that will likely come down. The thought is to make all of that one large master bedroom/bath area. No solid plan yet

That being said, would you change your recommendation of measuring from that hallway? It makes me wonder if it’d be better to stop the flooring somewhere before coming into that portion of the house, but those other projects may be months or a year down the road.

Sorry for the wrinkle, just figured it’d be best to discuss now.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 18, 2023 at 7:50 am
  • Wes

May 18, 2023 at 9:03 am

Thanks Joe. Have a good trip!

What about that vanity question though?

• Joe

Administrator
    May 18, 2023 at 9:12 am
Page 2 of 4