Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Wes on April 24, 2023 at 4:03 pm

Hi Joe, I was able to change my profile info…apparently I kept trying to use a nickname that was already taken, and I was missing the little error message at the top.

Thanks for the affirmation on doing trim after flooring, I’ll do that.

I’m a few weeks away from tackling the floor, but I’m excited to discuss, so I’ll just go ahead and send you my blueprint.

Joe replied 10 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 51 Replies
  • 51 Replies
  • Wes

April 24, 2023 at 4:34 pm

Here’s my layout, let me know if you need more info. Planning on Flooret Signature, I’m guessing those are a standard size.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 24, 2023 at 4:43 pm
  • Wes

April 24, 2023 at 6:50 pm

Sorry for the confusing language on the plan, I took it out of my whole house plan and only modified a few things for you, so it references a few things or other pages that were not included.

I’m not currently able to access my original Sketchup file, but I’m working on that.

I re-did the JPG and hopefully this one is better. I also added a second, which shows scale drawings of current house and how it will eventually look.

• Wes

April 24, 2023 at 6:51 pm

Second JPG

• Wes

April 24, 2023 at 6:51 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 25, 2023 at 11:58 am
  • Wes

April 25, 2023 at 4:03 pm

Well, I think the choice will be easy. I think we’ve gotta start in those bedrooms on the right, because I need to mostly finish the “new” before I do some demo on the “old” and open the rooms up. See photo, this is the upper left room of the new part. You can see the hallway goes left, and to the right it will join when I install those buried beams and take that wall down. But I plan to lay floor until about 4 or 5 feet shy of that exterior wall before I blow it out. Make sense?

• Wes

April 25, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Oh, and that little white box on the plan in the NW corner of the old house…that’s nothing, just a leftover box from the original plan that I edited to get you your version. Ignore.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 26, 2023 at 8:37 am
  • Wes

April 26, 2023 at 5:23 pm

Yes, we’ll do Flooret. Next Tuesday the 1st should be fine, I can probably fit any time into my schedule.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 27, 2023 at 10:50 am

I have you on the schedule. I will do a blueprint video and then give you a link, so there is no need for you to be there. If you have questions, you can ask them at any time.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 2, 2023 at 10:33 am
  • Wes

May 2, 2023 at 11:16 am

Hi Joe! Was telling a friend last night about how I’d signed up for your program. Shared a few vids with him. One thing that grabbed me on the first few vids was how you were sharing your faith…very cool and we’re on the same page there.

• Wes

May 2, 2023 at 11:20 am

Regarding layout…I understand your concerns. There’s a window you can see in that pic…it’s a bedroom window and its carpeted. I can cut out a square of the carpet and get a tape measure on the subfloor. I can shoot a laser through that window and see how it compares to the addition subfloor. Good call. I’ll get that done today. I’m ready to start soonish, but not in a rush.

Your other wish list about finding a line in that old hallway and measuring from it…that might prove more difficult. There are current walls in place and such that would block us, and one of them is not destined to come out. I’ll think about this.

My cell is 816-585-8643 if a text or whatever is quicker. Thanks a bunch.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 2, 2023 at 5:15 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c0hn3o4dLs

Page 1 of 4