Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Troy

April 19, 2024 at 7:24 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 19, 2024 at 7:44 am

Well done!!! You must feel pretty god right now.

• Troy

April 19, 2024 at 8:07 am

Feels incredible! A lot of worry and stress up to this point lol.

Really appreciate your patience and help through all of this 👍🏼

• Troy

April 19, 2024 at 10:32 am

Hey Joe, I’m going to work on the spot here in a bit, but wanted to know how close to the edge should I make this piece on the top landing of the stairs? Thinking of going with the one from Flooret since it will match my floors but haven’t purchased the end piece yet for this. Just a 1/4” gap?

• Troy

April 21, 2024 at 9:06 pm

Well Joe, I did it. Still have to do the 1/2 bath, the end piece on their top of the stairs, and new baseboards, but otherwise the floor is in! It looks really good and i can’t thank you enough for your patience with me. Couldn’t have done it without you, that’s for sure.

You have my respect, sir. That is one tough line of work and so taxing on the body. Kudos to you!

Here are some updated photos for you to show you what i did over the weekend.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 22, 2024 at 7:33 am
    • Troy

April 22, 2024 at 10:44 am

Thank you Joe! Depending on the length of that piece you showed me, I may use it on the lip going out to my garage as well. When you glue it down, are you trying to avoid getting glue on the plank? Would this affect the expansion ?

And I wanted to ask you about one area. The huge drop off going from my dining room area to the kids playroom, I know you mentioned not being too worried about it because the plank would form to that drop. I do however feel a “bounce” or gap when I step in this area. It doesnt seem too bad but it is noticeable. Should I be concerned or try to address this in any way? It is along the long joint of the planks so not sure if I should be concerned with the joint breaking over time.

I’ll be working on trim and baseboards now. Once I get them in I will post my finalized pics!

• Joe

Administrator
    April 22, 2024 at 12:32 pm
  • Troy

April 29, 2024 at 5:44 am

Hi Joe, still working on my baseboards and door casings. This has been a learning experience as well … learning a lot. lol.

I wanted to show you what happened to my stair nosings. They didn’t hold up so wondering if I didn’t put a thick enough bead on? It don’t seem to get enough contact. Wondering if it is frowned upon to put it on the flat part that contacts/goes over the actual plank?

• Joe

Administrator
    April 29, 2024 at 8:32 am
  • Troy

May 3, 2024 at 7:06 pm

Joe, not sure if I will catch you before you takeoff for the weekend, but I’m onto baseboards. Not sure if this looks right and I think I should probably cut out for the register and make this all one piece. Would you agree? I can’t go Behind the register as one piece because the floor duct goes clear to the drywall

• Joe

Administrator
    May 4, 2024 at 8:26 am
  • Troy

May 5, 2024 at 1:58 pm

So my baseboards are 5.5” high and the registers are 18” across. Buying these at $30+ a piece was a little steep. And I was a little worried about how my jigsaw, steady hand capabilities would look running over top of that register, along with potentially snapping the baseboard when installing it. So I came up with a different plan. I actually made a “shelf” to raise the register up to the level of the baseboards. It was essentially free since I had all of the material lying around lol. I think it looks pretty good.!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 6, 2024 at 12:47 pm

looks great!!

• Troy

May 9, 2024 at 11:42 am

Hey Joe! Hope that knee is healing up nicely for you.

I know I had mentioned this before, but wanted to touch base with you again and see if there’s possibly something I could do. There is still a noticeable bounce in this transition area going into this room. I thought I had leveled everything out and that the planks would conform to the slope here. However, it almost feels as though the planks are floating and you can feel the plank sink down over this ridge here every time you step on it.

I’m not sure how I would even go about addressing this.

• Joe

Administrator
    May 9, 2024 at 4:17 pm

check this out – https://amzn.to/44zUKJf

• Troy

May 9, 2024 at 4:58 pm

Is this something where i would drill a small hole into the plank , inject this adhesive to the floor/quiet wall and then weigh it down to allow it to adhere?

Page 6 of 7