Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    April 11, 2024 at 5:13 pm
  • Troy

April 11, 2024 at 6:50 pm

Hey Joe, sorry to bother you with this again lol. This should not be that hard obviously.

But this 4 inch overhang sticking out from the threshold into my garage is causing me a little problem/hold up. I wanted your opinion on this. Do I necessarily need a threshold at this door? It is not exposed to the elements, but it does block our home from cold and heat from the garage. I found a door sweep that adjusts to the gap between my plank and the bottom of the door and wondering if I can just install my plank clear out to the edge of the step And use this door sweep instead of a threshold?

Went to go purchase the one you recommended to me and the metal slope part does not cover that 4 inch overhang or the other one goes a little too far. It’s an awkward set up for sure.

• Troy

April 11, 2024 at 8:00 pm

That door sweep works great! Covers all the gaps, door closes nicely, and has that transition-free look !

Lines are snapped and ready for tomorrow! I’ll keep you posted 👍🏼

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 7:34 am

Hey Joe, I remember you mentioning this before but I wanted to ask you before I install today. Do I need a moisture barrier/thin underlayment layer over my pre-existing non-finished hardwood floors?

• Joe

Administrator
    April 12, 2024 at 9:07 am
  • Troy

April 12, 2024 at 9:17 am

Here is an area that looks like it may have had a liquid spill from the previous owners.

I remember ripping out the old carpet and finding the spot about six or seven years ago.

The rest of the floor looks like it’s in good condition but again I’m not sure. I’d love to start laying floor down now and not have to go by vapor barrier, but I would also like to do it correct if needed.

EDIT: just saw your response. I am on another slight hold this morning because I just found some low spots in this room with the hardwood that I need to patch. So frustrating because I had my planks laid out and was ready to start laying them down!

Thanks Joe!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Troy.
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 12, 2024 at 11:07 am

What I will tell you is that if you are concerned, using Quietwalk LV would not hurt.

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm

Is there a certain millimeter I’m looking for? I know that you don’t want to go with too much cushion because it could compromise the locking mechanism.

Half of the floor is now covered in Henry’s 549 anyway 😂😂

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 12:30 pm

This may sound like a stupid question and I apologize, but would I lay the quiet walk LV down just over the old hardwood? Or over the entire layout with the new OSB as well? It’s 1.4mm thick so I’m not sure if that is thick enough to compromise the height difference going from the hardwood to the OSB when I lay the flooring.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 12, 2024 at 12:43 pm

Use it on the entire floor.

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 12:49 pm

OK, thank you Joe. Heading to Lowe’s to get some now. Here’s to getting this floor down this weekend lol

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 4:21 pm

I’m not sure how to fix this.

I put down 3 boxes of Henry’s 549 in this spot alone today and layered it on thick. It is still incredibly off… very frustrating

• Joe

Administrator
    April 12, 2024 at 4:59 pm

Why did you lift the level?

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 5:17 pm

To get an idea of what it looked like if the level was completely level (bubble in the center. )

Am I ok if there are no remarkable drop off or gaps still?

Should I not be concerned with the bubble being in the center of the level?

• Troy

April 12, 2024 at 5:24 pm

Maybe I don’t need to worry about the bubble being in the center. But I should probably address these gaps at least, correct? I’m thinking one or two more boxes of the 549 should do the trick to fill in these low spots

• Troy

April 13, 2024 at 2:20 pm

Sorry for the freak out posts yesterday, Joe! 😂

I’m on my way, laying down the Quietwalk LV and planks! I’ll keep you posted

• Troy

April 13, 2024 at 8:49 pm

Today’s progress: sanding the 549, laying the quiet walk, and i stalling the first 3-4 rows. 👍🏼

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Troy.
  • Troy

April 14, 2024 at 10:54 am

So this is odd and frustrating.

I woke up to lay some more flooring and I noticed that several of my butt joints keep coming apart. I am making sure i am meticulous with each joint and making sure they are tight before moving on. But several have come apart. Any idea why?

I’m trying to bring it back together at the end of the wall but it is about 4 long planks away and not budging

Pics show what my tight joints look like vs the ones coming apart

Page 4 of 7