Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 14, 2024 at 9:04 am
  • Gerry

February 14, 2024 at 12:39 pm

Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply. The project is in a townhome, not a mobile home. I am using Mohawk from Costco. I have attached photos from Costco’s website and photos of the house from Zillow. I can provide better pictures when I get to the house later this week.

• Gerry

February 14, 2024 at 3:29 pm

I took a picture of the plank I am using.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 15, 2024 at 8:11 am

Let me know when you have those other pics.

• Gerry

February 16, 2024 at 9:57 am

Here are the pictures you requested. As far as plank direction, we would go with whatever is easier, quicker, etc. The plank manufacturer says not to put them under cabinets, would that include a kitchen island or a bathroom vanity? Do you need a transition in front of the patio door? What type of floor registers would you recommend?

• Joe

Administrator
    February 17, 2024 at 8:49 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 17, 2024 at 8:53 am
  • Gerry

February 17, 2024 at 12:42 pm

I used the floorplanner software to create a better drawing of my project.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2024 at 8:51 am

Did you have another question Gerry?

• Gerry

February 19, 2024 at 7:02 pm

Thanks Joe,

We’re working on removing the old flooring/carpet. We need to raise the living room 1/4″ to make it even with the kitchen. Is there a specific type of underlayment you recommend and how long would you recommend the staples to be for 1/4″?

• Gerry

March 8, 2024 at 8:20 am

Joe,

We’re getting ready to install planks in a couple of weeks now that most of our prep is done. Do you think you could run a blueprint for me. Similar to your previous post, we will be starting on both sides of the fireplace and running plank parallel to the fireplace (perpendicular to the patio door). Thanks!

• Joe

Administrator
    March 8, 2024 at 11:53 am

I am a little unsure what post you are referring to. Are you referring to Eric’s post?

• Gerry

March 8, 2024 at 3:09 pm

I was referring to the post on this thread from February 17 at 8:49 am.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 11, 2024 at 11:48 am

Sure, I can give you a run down of it. If you want the step by step blueprint where I go through everything I can do that, but that is the Support Bundle Plus Membership. I can send you a link to upgrade to that. That Blueprint is very detailed and would be an hour to an hour and a half long.

• Gerry

March 11, 2024 at 3:49 pm

I didn’t know that required a support plus membership.