Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Bootcamp Corner – Weekly Calls Tile removal or adjacent floor build up? That is the question…

• Tile removal or adjacent floor build up? That is the question…

Posted by Matt on January 7, 2024 at 3:06 pm

HI,

I am struggling with a decision for my Vinyl Plank project. I have an open living room and dining room area that has carpet. Next to both rooms, on the right, is a pathway of ceramic tiles that continue into the kitchen and then to a bathroom and mud room. I believe the below 2 directions are my only choices. Can someone advise me of the best route to go.

1. Remove the carpet and build up the floor to match the tiled areas. Prep and then lay Vinyl Plank throughout over the tile.

2. Remove both the tile, thinset and carpet, then prep and lay Vinyl Plank throughout.

Matt replied 4 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 8, 2024 at 2:43 pm

Yes, those are your choices. You just need to decide which is best for your situation.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 8, 2024 at 2:43 pm

Is this a wood subfloor?

• Matt

January 9, 2024 at 11:15 am

I am in the research phase of the project, as I close on the house this Friday. At this point I don’t know what the subfloor is, but I know that the entire house has hydronic radiant heat. I won’t know exactly what the subfloor looks like until demo of the carpet, though. Lots of unknowns…