Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Denver on July 17, 2022 at 11:53 pm

I am planning on installing LVP in the master bed, closet and bathroom. There is a slider in the bedroom. The hallway outside of the bedroom door is tile. The shower has a threshold that is elevated with tile that wraps from the inside of the shower, over the threshold and down the face of the shower to the floor. In addition to recommendations for the layout, I need help with the proper transition pieces to use at the slider, where the LVP meets the tile in the hallway and and where the LVP will but against the tile at the shower.

Joe replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Denver

July 18, 2022 at 8:24 am

Just realized I have the scale listed wrong on the pdf. The plan is at 1/4″ = 1′-0″.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 18, 2022 at 10:26 am
  • Denver

July 18, 2022 at 10:23 pm

Thank you for the initial thoughts on my project.

My house is concrete slab on grade.

I will be installing vinyl planks. I haven’t purchased the materials yet but we are planning on using Lifeproof click lock luxury vinyl planking from Home Depot. 8.7″ x 47.6″

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifeproof-Choice-Oak-8-7-in-W-x-47-6-in-L-Click-Lock-Luxury-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-20-06-sq-ft-case-I966104L/300461637

My initial thought was to start in the plan north west corner ar run the planks parallel to the wall with the slider. I wasn’t thinking about where I would have to work backwards but I like what you mentioned in the video. Working backwards in just the closet area shouldn’t be to much trouble for me.

The slider is an old aluminum frame. It doesn’t extend beyond the face of the drywall except for at the jamb. I will attach pictures.

The tile in the hallway is a less than an 1/8″ higher than the vinyl so I think t-moulding would work there.

The shower curb is tiled down to the slab with edge pieces that protrude from the wall further then the tile at the face of the curb. Picture should make it clear what is happening there.

Thank you!

Denver

• Joe

Administrator
    July 19, 2022 at 8:57 am

I will get this done today.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 19, 2022 at 10:27 am

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c3iqotu3Mw

• Denver

August 11, 2022 at 10:48 am

Hey Joe-

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Been slammed at work.

I started installing my floor last weekend following your blueprint. Everything is working out well so far.

To answer your questions from the blueprint video:

The vanity is on legs so the flooring will be installed under the vanity. I am good on that item.

In regards to the slider. That lip that runs the length of the door is 3/16″ tall and 5/16″ wide. Pic attached that shows the flooring against the lip and a scrap piece of 3/4″ quarter round from a previous project. I have a color matched 3/4″ quarter round that I can install there if that is the cleanest solution. It is a bit bulky but if that is the best option, it is what it is. The door frame is aluminum so cutting that off would likely be a bit of a challenge. Tackling stuff like that doesn’t bother me so I am open to suggestion including trying to cut it off but the quarter round might be the path of least resistance. Another thing I am not sure about at the slider is the frame at each end of the slider sticks out from the wall further than that lip along the bottom. I could under cut that to get the flooring underneath it if that is the cleanest solution. Otherwise, it seems like I would need to notch the flooring around that part of the frame which might be a bit challenging to make look nice. Please advise on what you think the best solution is. See attached pictures.

Another issue that I have ran into at the other door transition is the width of the color matched transition is too wide to butt against the door frame or trim. It would protrude beyond the door trim. It is a plastic transition so it would look terrible. See the attached pictures for one thought I have on making this look nice and please advise.

Your advice has been great. Thank you so much for the help.

Denver

• Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2022 at 12:29 pm