Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Stair nosing width issue – build out riser or…?

• Stair nosing width issue – build out riser or…?

Posted by James on July 4, 2022 at 2:52 pm

After some delays and the learning curve in doing this project, I am down to the last pieces of finishing trims. Unfortunately, I cannot locate a color matching or close to matching off the shelf overlapping stair nose. That left me with going back to the flooring seller and getting the manufacturer’s flush mount nosing (they don’t make the overlapping nosing piece)

In the attached pics, you can get a look at how this trim fits together with the flooring which is SPC. It’s not ideal that’s for sure as it sticks out but it will look the best and tie into the existing drop and lock system.

As you can see this is a bit of thorny issue. To me, the only solution would be to build out the riser which really won’t affect the tread much as it is a landing.

Does anyone else have any ideas about how solve this puzzle?

Thanks everyone!

Joe replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    July 6, 2022 at 7:42 am

Can you share a pic of the entire landing for me, I would like to get a better visual of what to do.

• James

July 8, 2022 at 9:26 am

Hi Joe.

Can do… I have a few different angles attached. I am not worried about the nosing sticking out as there will be a stub like post that sticks out from the door trim by a couple of inches.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  James Bowes. Reason: Needed better description and 2 more photos
  • Joe

Administrator
    July 8, 2022 at 12:08 pm

Yes, you can certainly build it out.