Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Small Object under vinyl

• Small Object under vinyl

Posted by Regena on January 12, 2022 at 7:35 pm

So pretty sure that I have something underneath of one of the vinyl planks. It’s not terribly big but I feel it. Maybe cause I pay attention to it. I’m too far past it now it would be a huge set back to take it all up to get to it. What if I cut around that one all of the edges, removed that vinyl plank and then remove object and glue that plank back in place? Would this work? Or I’m going to really screw it all up?

• This discussion was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Regena.
    Joe replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 13, 2022 at 7:27 am
  • Regena

January 13, 2022 at 7:46 am

Hi Joe I have attached the picture. You really can’t see it and it is small but I know it’s there and can feel it if I mess with it. I think it may be where the linoleum was and a nail in the concrete that once I removed left the concrete raised and I so forgot it when I put the vapor barrier down so it left it raised right there. I fixed all the other raised concrete from nail pulls and vacuumed out the dust and debris. So it’s just right in the area that my Rottweiler is laying in the one picture. To the right of him is a set of stairs that can’t see very well and in the other picture it is beyond the Christmas tree there.

• Joe

Administrator
    January 13, 2022 at 8:01 am
  • Regena

January 13, 2022 at 8:14 am

Got it, so cut the groove of the one I will be replacing with and not the tongue and that should allow it to be somewhat attached and then glue the tongue of the adjoining board to now fit into the groove that I cut out?

• Joe

Administrator
    January 13, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Yes, exactly!!