Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General securing endcap without screwing channel to floor

• securing endcap without screwing channel to floor

Posted by Dewey on April 14, 2021 at 11:45 am

Joe, need help with securing endcap. I was not able to locate endcap to match my laminate. I got some unfinished oak endcap and was able to stain it to match the laminate. There is an 1″ space for laminate to slide under. I cut the door jam and slide endcap under the jam. There is no channel to attach to the concrete to secure endcap. Used 5 dabs of liquid nails(LN) to stick endcap to concrete. I was careful to not put too much LN to stick the laminate. I let it sit overnight, but it did not hold. It seems LN did not get completely dry. Maybe I should have let it dry longer. Would titebond do a better job? Thought of drilling 3-4 holes thru the wood into concrete and use counter sunk screws. The screw holes may be impossible to hide. Without securing endcap it gives when you step on it. I can remove laminate if I need to since I only have about 4 rows down. (See attach pictures) One pictures show endcap with laminate slide under. Next pictures shows where I would put the glue. The last pictures shows the endcap slipped under the jam. What do you recommend? Should I cut the endcap to fit around the jam and glue endcap down after the floor is installed? I think me installing the laminate could have broke the LN loose. Thanks for your help.

Joe replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 4:09 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 14, 2021 at 4:56 pm

I hope you can hear me, I just realized my mic was on my other desk.