Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Saw blade plywood with niles

• Saw blade plywood with niles

Posted by Lori on August 10, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Hi,

Ripping out underlayment plywood that is covered with old glued down asphalt tiles with self adhesive linoleum squares on top of them. What type of saw blade should I use assuming I am going run through a few nails during this?

Thanks!

Lori replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Lori

August 10, 2021 at 3:30 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 8:40 am
    • Lori

August 11, 2021 at 10:54 am

Joe,

Here are the pics, unfortunately the underlayment is water damage around the sink so that part will have to be replaced.

We were planning on leaving the stick on flooring on top of it while removing everything to keep the asphalt tiles incased. We could buy respirator’s and mask off the kitchen.

Our floors aren’t in the best condition and I really wanted to have a clean slate and get it all one level. The living room has glued down old parque that is in ruff shape. Maybe we can repair the worst of it and still put 1/4 plywood over the top of it all.

The black & white stick on flooring is thicker then the really cheap peel & stick that the box stores sell. Buy removing the peel and stick it should line up with the parque since it will all be down to original flooring which we could cover with the 1/4 plywood.

Thanks!

• Lori

August 11, 2021 at 11:57 am

Hopefully you can see the photos.

• Lori

August 11, 2021 at 11:46 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 1:21 pm

I cannot see them. Can you email them to me or text them to me –

floormechanics@gmail.com

(218)256-8080

• Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 1:50 pm
    • Lori

August 11, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Thanks so much for your reply and sharing your knowledge. If we leave it and providing I have room for the extra hight, can I put the 1/4” plywood over the asphalt and parque?

• Lori

August 12, 2021 at 1:38 pm

We decide to leave the flooring and repair where needed. If we leave the black and white flooring it will leave a 1/8” difference to the Parque in the living room. If we remove it it will leave a 1/16 difference to the parque. We are hoping to leave the black-and-white flooring there also. And will put the quarter inch plywood over the top of everything once it’s repaired and level out any problems on top of the plywood. Just wanted to check with you and make sure it is OK to leave the black and white flooring also. We will take it out if you think it’s worth the effort.

Using your method of measuring the depth with a pencil I used a five in one tool with a piece of masking tape on it and then drew a line. Worked really well in the thighs space. You probably have done the same but if not feel free to share it.

• Lori

August 12, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Here’s the photos

• Lori

August 12, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Trying again with the photos from an iphone. I am going to figure out the issue with posting photos from it. LOL or not

• Joe

Administrator
    August 11, 2021 at 4:15 pm

Yes you can!

• Joe

Administrator
    August 13, 2021 at 7:04 am