Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Quietwalk LVP for concrete subfloor with LVP w/ underlayment

• Quietwalk LVP for concrete subfloor with LVP w/ underlayment

Posted by jessica.webbdo on May 26, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Hello,

I’ve purchased Quietwalk for LVP but have LVP which is 5.7mm thick, 22mil wear layer with attached underlayment. (Didn’t realize the Quietwalk wasn’t needed initially). I’m installing about 1000 sq feet in a basement with concrete subfloor. As I watch your videos, I’m thinking I need to return the Quietwalk, right? The manufacturer (Trends in Rigid, Republic series, made in USA!) recommends 6mil vapor barrier or underlayment with minimum density of 25 lbs/cubic foot. I am just seeing Quietwalk isn’t quite that dense, 18lbs/cubic foot. I was planning to return the Quietwalk and get the recommended vapor barrier for the concrete subfloor, but I’m installing in a walkout basement in Iowa which faces the north. We live in the country so snow piles up around our porch and basement, making it cold through the winter. The kids like playing in the basement, so I’m also going for warmth of the flooring. :). Am I going to miss that additional insulation and ability for the concrete to “breathe” in summer–something the Quietwalk seems to do well?

I sure have enjoyed your videos and have referred a few others your way, too. I’ve purchased several things off your Amazon list which I hope has helped you, too. Thank you for all you do!

Jessica W.

jessica.webbdo replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies