Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Questions concerning two scenarios on flooring repair & replacement

• Questions concerning two scenarios on flooring repair & replacement

Posted by Doug on July 13, 2022 at 11:38 am

@joeletendre I’ve now completed the flooring on both my house and my son’s house. Thanks to you and your help my results look great. Here are my two scenarios/questions for you:

1) Living in Florida where the dirt is very sandy, I should not be surprised to see some scratches on my new floor particularly where kitchen table chairs slide in and out on a daily basis. These chairs all have metal sliders on them, but I have to assume that one small bit of sand under the slider caused the planks to get scratched. Any videos or advice on how to repair scratches on vinyl planks?

2) If a plank in the middle of the room would get damaged, I would pray that you have some tricks or techniques on how to replace a single plank in the middle of a room without tearing up the flooring in entire room. Any videos or words of advice for this situation?

Thank you, Joe! I pray that you and your family are all doing well.

Doug replied 1 year, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    July 13, 2022 at 1:36 pm

Scratches are not really fixable. You can try and hide them with old English scratch cover. I am planning a video for a plank replacement very soon. I meant to have it out already, but my knee surgeries have gotten in the way of that.

• Doug

July 14, 2022 at 2:35 pm

Understood….thanks for the quick reply, Joe!