Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Floor Prep Prepping to install SPC over a Red Oak Hardwood Floor

• Prepping to install SPC over a Red Oak Hardwood Floor

Posted by stephengwilson27 on August 12, 2022 at 11:16 pm

Hello, friends! I plan on laying down SPC over a hardwood floor. American Red Oak, to be specific. I bought this place last year and the floors had not been cared for very well. I am in the military and plan on keeping it as a rental when I retire. The floor creaks a bit. It’s 5/8inch hardwood. Should I screw the hardwood to the subfloor wo prevent creaking once the SPC is installed? I live in NC and it gets quite humid here in the summertime. Also, I noticed in your videos that you always have the baseboards removed when you begin to work…if I go with the floating option, could I remove the quarter rounds and leave the baseboards? Thanks!

Joe replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • stephengwilson27

August 12, 2022 at 11:18 pm

Sorry…to clarify, should I screw the Hardwood to the subfloor as part of the floor prep process

• Joe

Administrator
    August 13, 2022 at 8:07 am
  • stephengwilson27

August 23, 2022 at 11:26 pm

Hey Joe,

I originally signed up for the basic subscription for Laminate University. The one that does not come with a blueprint. After doing a deep dive of all of your videos on the site, I would like to upgrade so that I can get a blueprint. It was an extra hundred as I remember. Totally worth it. How do I do that? I didn’t see an option to upgrade on the website.

Thanks,

Steve

• Joe

Administrator
    August 24, 2022 at 8:16 am

Sure can. Here is a link for an upgrade to 1 year access with installation blueprint included-

https://floor-mechanics.thrivecart.com/laminate-university-upgrade/