Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    November 19, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Hey Joe! Can you share pics of that tile area? Here is a video I would like you to watch – http://somup.com/crXF2q0XS8

• Joseph

November 23, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Better picture of what I’m calling the tounge

• Joseph

November 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm

Hi Joe, good to meet you.

Attached is a pic of the tile transition in BR1.

I tried watching the video but http://somup.com/crXF2q0XS8 doesn’t come up for me.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 20, 2021 at 7:17 am

Can you try that link again?

• Joe

Administrator
    November 23, 2021 at 4:13 pm

I will have this for you tomorrow.

• Joseph

November 23, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Tomorrow will be great. I have one more piece for my tongue/groove confusion. Attached is a photo from Mohawk showing Align, Insert, Click. If this is the tongue being inserted into the groove (male? into female?), then I had everything backwards.

Between trying to convert html to jpg and not being able to decide which is the tongue and which is the groove, I am underwater here. Please give me the simplest explanation of tongue/groove, male/female, as it relates too the Uniclic diagram.

Joe

• Joe

Administrator
    November 24, 2021 at 9:32 am

Hey Joe, are you running planks east and west or north and south?

• Joseph

November 24, 2021 at 12:51 pm

North/South.

Yes closet too

• Joe

Administrator
    November 24, 2021 at 9:33 am

and the closet gets plank, correct?

• Joe

Administrator
    November 25, 2021 at 8:15 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crXT22031A

• Joseph

November 30, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Hey Joe,

I am impressed. You took the trouble to make my video blueprint on Thanksgiving Day in between smoking a turkey and probably preparing the rest of a feast (I never tried it but read it takes 10-12 hours to smoke a big one. I figure I would add a few hours for insurance. That’s a long day)

Anyhow, after weeks of prep I was watching for the blueprint and started work Thursday morning. It’s now Tuesday and I’m done. I’ll try to post photos here and in the forum.

It took me five and a half days for a small bedroom. Angled walls, 12mm planks that were reluctant mate up, trying to use the cheater board like you can for difficult corners, installing then ripping out mistakes and deciding the new quarter round looked too cheap, so back to HD for different trim, all added up to time. It helped to know that your guidance had me on the right path and that you had my back if I got in too deep.

I’m ready to build the diagram for the next room and hope to send it today, a bit larger but no angled walls. Thanks for all that you do. It’s great to connect with a guy who is so generous with his hard won knowledge.

P.S.

I paid $2.43/sf for Costco Mannington Mohawk 12mm laminate. It’s nice and I’ll keep it but just wondered what king of ransom they get for laminate that looks and feels more like real wood.

Joe

• Joe

Administrator
    November 30, 2021 at 4:18 pm

They get $4 to $6 sq ft for the premium plank.

• Joe

Administrator
    November 30, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Looks great man! Well done my friend!!