Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Mark on September 25, 2023 at 1:44 pm

Hey Joe,

So attached is my drawing, and here are some questions. The Family room, Living Room, entrance and Front closet will all be getting new LVP. The Kitchen, Bathroom, Pantry all have tile. The office I will be putting Hardwood in that was removed from the Family room.

I was thinking the best place to start would be along the back wall of the Family room, But how would I go about making sure I do not end up with a small piece at the front doorway?

I would guess that it is best to run perpendicular to how the floor joists run as well.

The Family room has 2 layers of sub floor, 3/4″ advantec, then 1/2″ plywood. I will need to add another 1/2″ of plywood to have the plank match the height of the kitchen tile. Should I glue, screw and staple that layer? (Guessing should staple thru top 2 layers and finish in bottom layer (1-1/2″ staple)

I still need to remove carpet from living room, and then will determine how much sub floor to add for that area and thru to the entrance and front closet.

Any other questions I need to answer for you?

Thanks for a great site to help with the learning process for this project and all your additional help.

Mark

Joe replied 5 months ago 2 Members · 41 Replies
  • 41 Replies
Page 1 of 2