Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General LVP on stairs & landing

• LVP on stairs & landing

Posted by Chuck on December 20, 2021 at 5:18 pm

Joe-

We’re going with Mannington Adura Max on a flight of stairs with a landing in the middle. It’s also going on both floors above and below the stairs. The landing is about 6 1/2′ x 3′. It would make handling the stairnose on the landing much easier if the flooring there was glued down like it will be on the stairs, so that the stairnose can be flush. Is there a significant reason not to do it? The Mannington stair nose is vinyl cladding over white plastic, and I’m trying to avoid having to miter it to finish it off – as I’d need to do if it’s overlapping instead of flush. I can’t avoid it on the top step, but I’m hoping to in the middle.

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    December 21, 2021 at 6:17 am
  • Chuck

December 21, 2021 at 3:25 pm

Thanks! One other quick question about glue. Mannington recommends their V88 adhesive (in 1 or 4 gallon pails) for stair treads and risers. I checked with our flooring supplier, and they say that Mannington recently dropped their distributor in favor of direct shipping – which in this case pushes a special-order 1 gallon pail of V88 over $100. I haven’t found any in stock locally, and one online source will only sell it (for $35!) with flooring. Can you suggest a good substitute?

Chuck

• Joe

Administrator
      December 21, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Where do you live?

• Chuck

December 21, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Near Seattle – anywhere in the Seattle area would work fine. Flooring stores I’ve talked to say that getting stuff from Mannington right now is a mess because they haven’t got their distribution worked out, and no one has it in stock.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Seattle…… I feel for you brother. Nah, I am just kidding. My wife and I came there a couple years ago for a weekend getaway. It was fun!

http://somup.com/crlr0c0Pol

• Chuck

December 21, 2021 at 5:42 pm

Joe – Thanks! I’m in Bellevue, far enough from Seattle to avoid it most of the time ;-). I’ll get up to T&A for that adhesive. Appreciate the info!

Chuck

• Joe

Administrator
    December 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm