Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Flooring Reviews LL Tranquility 5mm Luxury Vinyl Plank

• LL Tranquility 5mm Luxury Vinyl Plank

Posted by April on January 28, 2022 at 5:44 pm

We used this in the color Copper Ridge Oak and it was easier to work with after we finished the first small room and began our big project. The floor seems durable and it easy to clean. The price per sqft was under $3 and given my house size and budget this fit the bill. The color ranges from dark brown to bleached wood with some pieces having knots or bleached areas on dark. It’s a very neutral wood looking wide plank floor. I’m happy with the results. I recommend cutting a piece of scrap so that you can clip it to the edge and then use a rubber mallet on it to get the corners and edges completely seated.

My only problem with it are the transitions. They come with a screw down metal strip that they are supposed to be clipped into. It’s not possible in my opinion. I had to use copious amounts of construction glue in the trench between my file and LVP to get them to stick. There are only two thin pieces of plastic that do not extend low enough to be caught in a hershey kiss size of glue mound. I took up two pieces and applied a thick layer of glue into the center space of the transition piece and then weighted it down again on the other glue.

I think on four doorway sections I used an entire tube of the Masterweld. I am glad I did one solid piece and no transitions in flooring by room only by tile/LVP.

Joe replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 31, 2022 at 8:21 am

Thanks for sharing!!