Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by tlc1680 on March 4, 2022 at 1:33 am

Hi Joe,

Watched your videos on YouTube to start and wanted to support you and get some better insight into installing my floors.

Split level home installing on lower level on slab. Flooret signature and quietwalk underlayment. I am thinking to install longways along the living room as that is the area you see from the front door. Wondering if I should keep it that direction or change direction starting in the hallway and continuing into the other rooms off of it.

Thanks

Joe replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • tlc1680

March 4, 2022 at 1:42 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 4, 2022 at 10:03 am
  • tlc1680

March 5, 2022 at 1:59 pm

@joeletendre Thanks for the quick reply Joe! Sorry didn’t realize my name didn’t show up in the post it’s Trevor.

Yes you are correct I plan on running it east to west.

Attached is a picture of the LVP as requested It is Flooret Signature 9” planks. The face of the plank is about 8 7/8. But my 10 planks ends up being right at 90” if I did my measurement right.

In the Living room my measurement is 173” near the fireplace side north to south. And by the stairs it is 133” north to south

The one extra room of to the side is actually a salon from when I purchased the house lol… but my daughter wants me to keep it. I still need to remove the tile in there and the laundry room.

Let me know if you have any more questions before you help me out with the blue print. If I start in the living room does that mean I will be working backwards down the hallway and into the other rooms. Thanks for confirming that I don’t need to swap the direction in the hallway.

Thanks again

Trevor

• Joe

Administrator
    March 7, 2022 at 9:06 am

No, it will all be working forward. I will get this to you by the end of today or first thing tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Joe.
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 8, 2022 at 10:45 am
  • tlc1680

March 22, 2022 at 7:07 am

@joeletendre thanks for the help brother finished up the installation minus the thresholds and the baseboards. Do you have any videos or recommendations on baseboards?

Also looking for some help on installing the slim trim threshold pieces into concrete.

Thanks again your videos and detail you put into it really helped! Will be trying out your tile university next for redoing my shower.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 22, 2022 at 9:52 am

I don’t have any trim videos, sorry about that. This looks great my friend!!