Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Flooring Reviews Lion and Paramount floors

• Lion and Paramount floors

Posted by iamoot on February 14, 2024 at 1:48 am

Shopping for LVP put in by installer. Looking at 3 brands (priced highest to lowest): Coretek Pro (Classics/Enhanced/Premium); Paramount RigidCORE (Cornerstone 12 mil and Keystone 20 mil), and Lion Flooring (Bambino 12 mil. and Natural Essence Plus 20 mil). Paramount and Lion are distributers who get product from manufacturers in China. I used Joe’s test for how breakable the locking piece on the 2 Paramount lines; Cornerstone broke with good effort, couldn’t break the Keystone (only .5 mm difference in the core). Unable to get pieces yet, to test the other 2 brands. Paramount topcoat is HPSR urethrane with ceramic bead, while Coretek & Lion both say UV acrylic topcoat. Does anyone have any insight or experience with Paramount and/or Lion? Not much in reviews to be found. Lion went into business in 2017 and based out of Calif. Paramount is based out of MN, but I didn’t see that it’s been included in any of Joe’s tests?? I like one of the colors their 12 mil product comes in. Any insight on any of these lines?

Joe replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 14, 2024 at 8:47 am
  • iamoot

February 14, 2024 at 11:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I neglected thickness: Paramount Cornerstone is 3.5mm core, 4.5mm with pad; Paramount Keystone is 4 mm core, 5mm w/pad. Lion’s & Coretec are both 4mm core, 5mm with pad). Paramount passed the breakage test; will get scraps of the other 2, to test. As for Locking systems: Lion’s floor states they use ‘uniclic’ system (is that angle/click?). Coretec is ‘angle/tap’ (is that drop/lock?). Paramount uses: Valinge’s 2G locking system (whatever that ?means?). Also, Do any of your videos explain/rate the diff locking types? Thanks!

• Joe

Administrator
      February 15, 2024 at 8:03 am

Yes, there is a video in the Plank Bootcamp Guide.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 15, 2024 at 8:02 am

Uniclick is an angle to angle and the 2G is as well.