Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Kitchen Obstacles

• Kitchen Obstacles

Posted by Echo on February 20, 2021 at 7:05 am

I have been looking for videos on this but may have missed it, please direct me.

Two issues in my kitchen to address. I need to get flooring under the central vac kick plate and the heat vent. Both pictures attached.

What kind of trim do I use around the kitchen floor to hide my 1/4 inch gap?

How do I move the appliances without damaging the floor or moving the planks? I intend to install the planks up to the kitchen, move the appliances out, and remove trim. Then install planks, return trim, and return appliances.

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 22, 2021 at 8:57 am

Both of those should be moved up. Either the toe kick will need to be modified or the vent and the central vac will need to be modified if the toe kick is not the answer. Can you share a pic under the toe kick showing the top of each of those?

• Joe

Administrator
      February 22, 2021 at 9:00 am

Also, the cabinets would get quarter round installed to cover the gap.

• Echo

February 22, 2021 at 10:02 am

Thanks for the reply. I also saw you speak to this issue under my newel question.

1 – Attached are better pics of the vent and kick plate. Looks like your suggestion of moving them up, plank under, and notch both sides will work perfect.

2 – I thought your notch suggestion might work for the oven issues but I don’t see how that will work. I’m brainstorming how to hide the expansion gap on the sides since it will be visible for a few inches. Up close picture attached.

3 – Last, please advise how I can go about moving the appliances without damage (if you have any suggestions).

• Joe

Administrator
    February 22, 2021 at 11:42 am
  • Echo

March 9, 2021 at 9:50 am

I’m finally doing the kitchen in the next day or two. Two questions from our previous discussions…

1 – Would it be better to remove and reinstall the kick plates or just add quarter round?

2 – I tried to rent that appliance mover you pointed me to but no rental places carry it. Any other ideas of where to get it? If not, I will just try my best not to cause damage to the new floor.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 9, 2021 at 4:43 pm

I wouldI would just install quarter round on the toe kicks. If you use a sheet of quarter inch underlayment in front of the fridge you can roll it on to that and protect your floor