Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Kitchen appliances and LVP

• Kitchen appliances and LVP

Posted by Deleted User on March 21, 2022 at 1:38 pm

Hi Joe,

You recommend planks under our kitchen appliances. The fridge is on wheels and the stove is not. The dishwasher has rear wheels and adjustable front feet.

I can leave the dishwasher in place and use scraps to push a plank under the DW rear wheels, and set the feet on a plank or two in front. The planks will be oriented left to right of the DW.

My brain thinks the planks under the dishwasher feet, unless they are supported by planks behind them, will move around and maybe lose connection with the other planks in front of the DW.

Finally, we are to maintain an expansion gap under all appliances inside their respective slot, correct? I feel like my planks may disconnect when I slide in the stove, and my brain wants to secure those planks so they stay put. I hope all this makes sense, and I patiently await your reply. Thank you!

Joe replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 22, 2022 at 9:50 am

I would install plank under the front legs of the dishwasher. I would not worry about the plank disconnecting under the stove, but you can always add a little glue in the joint to keep that from happening.