Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Jude and Mary’s Upstairs Floor Plan

• Jude

April 15, 2024 at 6:39 pm

I forgot to add…the only rooms that will get new flooring are Bedrooms’ 2-4(including closets)/Owners Suite/Loft and the Hallway.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 16, 2024 at 8:02 am
  • Jude

April 16, 2024 at 10:11 am

Joe,

We look forward to working with you as well! We have used your awesome video tutorials to lay some floor previously and they were a huge help. As far as the upstairs is concerned the floorplan drawing is the correct orientation and you are correct, we will not be touching the Bathroom or the Laundry Room. For the Owners Suite, we will not touch that bathroom as well. However the closets we will do but they are kind of like standalone small rooms. As far as direction, I think I said it incorrectly. We were thinking East to West as we think it will look the best and give us the least amount of working backwards but would like you to confirm and give us a recommendation. God Bless and have a great day!

• Joe

Administrator
    April 17, 2024 at 8:54 am
  • Jude

April 17, 2024 at 11:31 am

Joe,

Thanks for laying this out in such great detail! After looking at both options we have decided we want the Plank Direction to be North to South. In addition to being the least amount of area of working backwards, you are correct in that the Hallway will look fine with staggered Joints. Plus we think North to South will look the best with the Loft and Owners Suite which are the 2 main open focal points.

• Joe

Administrator
    April 17, 2024 at 12:02 pm
  • Jude

April 17, 2024 at 12:29 pm

Yes, we agree with starting in that bedroom! Thanks

• Joe

Administrator
    April 18, 2024 at 3:20 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 18, 2024 at 3:27 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/cZfFYOCNvn

here are the videos I shared in the blueprint –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n_j07capw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UII0yYikEe8

• Jude

April 27, 2024 at 4:36 pm

Joe,

Thanks for the blueprint. Sorry for the delayed response. We demo’d the first 2 rooms last weekend and we received the flooring Thursday. We have marked out our lines as instructed to hit the doorways and we have started the first room per your instructions. We are coming up to the bathroom which is tile in that first room with the plank ending the shortway. We have some pictures attached to make sure we did these cuts correctly with the expectation that we will be installing a Modin reducer from Flooret since the Bathroom Tile is higher than the Plank. We allowed for the plank to end an inch from the tile for the reducer track and a 1/4 in from the doorjamb. Just wanted to make sure we are doing that correctly.

• This reply was modified 2 days ago by  Jude.
  • Joe

Administrator
    April 29, 2024 at 8:29 am

for a reducer I would have made that a little closer. But, you can use a T molding there and it will be good to go.