Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Joe…SOS

• Joe…SOS

Posted by Brittany on May 26, 2021 at 7:52 am

Hi Joe! Had some major leveling issues. Got that corrected. In the process of install-again LOL! I am stuck right now because my walls are crooked exterior and interior. I followed the blueprint, the videos and thought I had a plan, but after about 8 rows it looks like the planks are running crooked. Please help SOS!!!

Brittany replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 26, 2021 at 9:12 am

Sounds like your line might not be straight… If you have humps in your floor that can cause your line to be crooked when you snap your chalk line. One way to check it is to extend your dry stringline all the way across it, pull it tight, lift it up and wiggle it and snap it. Then you can look to see if it lines up with the chalk line. I also just responded to your other message.

• Brittany

May 26, 2021 at 6:50 pm

Basically no matter which wall I use to make the measurements for the line snap they are not straight. So after fighting with this for months, I just tried to go off of the exterior wall cabinets. When you reviewed my blueprint, you suggested starting with the hallway running from front door and then moving the line to the kitchen to start my first row.

• Brittany

May 26, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Joe I am going to move back to the blueprint post to keep it all in one spot for you with the photos.