Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Angus on May 22, 2021 at 7:32 pm

Hi Joe,

I successfully completed phase I of our vinyl plank installation with your assistance. Now I’m moving on to our second phase and would like confirmation that my layout and installation approach make sense.

Please review the attached floorpan with some planks laid out in the general orientation I intend to use. I also noted where I believe I will need to work backwards.

I appreciate any improvements you have to suggest and thank you for all of the assistance you have provided to this point.

Thanks,

Angus

Joe replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    May 23, 2021 at 9:12 am

Yes, that is exactly how I would do it Angus. I can make you a blueprint tomorrow if you would like.

• Angus

May 23, 2021 at 10:39 am

Thanks Joe, a blueprint would be great!

• Joe

Administrator
    May 24, 2021 at 2:38 pm

hERE IS YOUR BLUEPRINT – http://somup.com/crhZqAqQCc

• Angus

May 26, 2021 at 3:37 pm

Wow! Thank you for the detailed instructions, your guidance is greatly appreciated. I have a final question related to transitions where the LVP meets up against carpet underneath a door. My understanding is that you want the two flooring products to meet up roughly midway through the door to avoid seeing the flooring on the other side of the door when the door is closed. I have a photo attached showing how I am approaching this and would like to get confirmation I am heading the right direction.

Take care,

Angus

• Joe

Administrator
    May 27, 2021 at 7:28 am

Exactly!!! You got it.