Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Alex

February 24, 2021 at 1:52 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Absolutely! I will have this posted first thing in the morning.

• Alex

February 24, 2021 at 6:14 pm

Thank you. I’ll be installing Mannington Adura Rigid vinyl planks. 7″x48″ I want to install it throughout the entire house (except the bathroom) with no transition strips.

• Joe

Administrator
    February 25, 2021 at 9:40 am

Alex, I have a few questions I need you to answer before I move forward with your Installation Blueprint, can you watch this video and get back to me?

http://somup.com/crnToBDg13

• Alex

February 25, 2021 at 3:23 pm

Hi Joe- Yes, definitely planning to run the planks east-west; the long way through the house. I would prefer to start in the kitchen. I think I’ll be more comfortable working backwards in the master bed/bath instead of in the kitchen. I forgot to add it in bthe drawing, but I have a dishwasher under the cabinets on the same wall as the sliding door- I don’t think it’ll be an issue at all, just throwing it out there. Thanks so much!

• Joe

Administrator
      February 25, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Alex,

here is your installation blueprint. Please let me know if I can help with any questions you might have.

http://somup.com/crnT0iDkVP

• Alex

February 25, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I learned a lot. I’m going to start to demo the old floor (linoleum in master bath, laundry, kitchen/dining room and carpet in living room, bedrooms, hall) in a few weeks. I’ve watched several of your videos already and will be watching the rest before I start. I’ll let you know when I come up with more questions. Thanks again!

• Alex

March 3, 2021 at 12:40 pm

Joe- here’s an updated drawing, the cabinet comes out farther than shown in my original drawing (marked in red here) I can only extend my main line (orange) to the cabinet and not the entire length of the house.

I’m thinking of measuring from the orange line to the blue and using the blue line as a secondary line. I’d measure from orange to blue and set the blue line at a multiple of 7. My planks are 7″ wide. Then I could find the distance from the exterior wall back to the blue line and transfer that measurement. I’ll go from the wall behind the dishwasher (purple). That should give let me use the blue line to measure from to set my first few rows. We had decided to start in the kitchen. I’d like to do this to avoid having to move the refrigerator until absolutely necessary so it’s not in the way right from the start.

Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 1:13 pm

makes sense to me!