Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Floor Plan-CT – Need help in starting point

Tagged: 

• Floor Plan-CT – Need help in starting point

Posted by Christian on June 16, 2021 at 10:09 am

Attached is a picture of the floor layout, hall and kitchen area.

Phase1-Blue line is where I want my vinyl plank. I want the plank to extend where the stairs are. I need you ideas on how to put vinyl floor in front of the stairs and butted to the carpet.

Green lines is currently with carpet

Phase2-replace with vinyl plank. Orange line is entry hallway-currently hardwood and it runs horizontally.

Thanks,

Christian

Joe replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    June 16, 2021 at 10:19 am
  • Christian

June 16, 2021 at 12:38 pm

Joe, thanks for the quick reply.

1) Living Room- you X’d out- will not be planked. That is correct.

2) Direction is horizontal East-West- i am not sure when I will do the foyer/hallway- so i have decided to keep the direction same as the hardwood.

3) Area to be vinyl planked- blue area- From kitchen extending to front of stairs- on a diagonal.

a) Since the existing foyer wall is diagonal(where the hardwood is), is the diagonal way the right thing to do- from edge of wall to right side of stairs? Can I square it, instead of diagonal? Any ideals?

b) Do I need a transition piece when butting to the carpet? OR can i just tuck in the carpet using staples?

4) I do not have the planks yet- but i ordered Costco Mohawk-waterproof laminate, 6-1/8”W x 47-1/4”L (12mm thick) Right now, I have no idea where the tongue and grooves are.

Thanks,

Christian

• Joe

Administrator
    June 16, 2021 at 5:51 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/cr1D37q5ZG

• Christian

June 28, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Joe,

Thanks for the blueprint. I just got my Costco Mohawk plank, correct me if I’m wrong, but the tongue and grooves are not the same as you’ve described. Please check pictures. Also will this affect where I would start?

Thanks,

Christian

• Joe

Administrator
    June 28, 2021 at 3:43 pm