Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Bootcamp Corner – Weekly Calls Floor high in the middle

• Floor high in the middle

Posted by Brad on January 3, 2024 at 8:07 pm

I have a 12’1 x11’5″ room that is high in the middle at about 6’6″ from the north wall. The planks will run east/west. I will be going out the door into the hallway and other rooms. I am working on a full house sketch. My question is what is the best way to level this room. The room is about 1/4 low on the north side and 3/16 low on the south side. I added a hand drawing of the room itself. Thanks for your input.

Brad replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 4, 2024 at 9:01 am
  • Brad

January 4, 2024 at 4:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I had thought about building up each side and using the henry 555 leveler. its a gradual slope. I made a 12ft level out of a long piece of MDF and 4 rv levels and put a piece of 1/4 mdf scrap on each side to see how much slope. I will try to take a picture tonight and post later. It is definitley a 2 layer subfloor. Top is 3/4 or 5/8 particle board and second is 1×4 boards at approximately 45 degree angle from the floor joist. thanks

• Brad

January 4, 2024 at 10:43 pm

These are not to good, but you can see the lines in the middle. Thats the high spot. It gradually tapers each side from there. I may put about 10-15 planks together in the middle area there and see how much the raised part shows up. Is there any hard thin underlayment that i could layer from outside to middle to take up the gap. its a rental house so i dont want to spemd a bunch of money or time on it. Thanks