Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by Matt on January 23, 2021 at 1:19 pm

I am having troubles with figuring out which way my flooring should be laid and also which wall to start on to make my measurements. I hope these pictures help.

Our plan is to lay laminate all throughout the upper level. At the end of the hallway are 2 bedrooms and we will lay laminate in those rooms as well.

Matt replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 23, 2021 at 3:28 pm

Matt, can you also share a drawing of the entire area that you will be installing plank. It does not have to be anything special.

• Matt

January 23, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Hope this helps.

• Matt

January 23, 2021 at 3:55 pm

If it helps, the width of hallway by bathroom and bedrooms is 37-1/2″

• Joe

Administrator
    January 23, 2021 at 4:25 pm

I would measure my line starting from the hall and carry that line out into the livingroom area and then measure to the back wall to see how straight the hall is to the outside wall. If it is straight then use that line, if it is not then you can tweak it until it is where you want it.

• Matt

January 23, 2021 at 4:44 pm

Thank you that helps a lot! Would 3-3/4″ wide boards on either side of the walls in the hallway be to narrow? In other words, I’d have 3 full boards in the middle then on either side of those 3 boards I’d have 3-3/4″ boards. Would that look tacky or be ok?

Which direction should I start from? The bathroom wall or the wall with the closet and bedroom?