Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Ending flooring at doors

• Joe

Administrator
    December 15, 2021 at 12:47 pm

I would use quarter round and just cut a return on the end. If you use an end cap you will still get a raw edge at the end.

I would use cardboard to make templates at the fireplace when marking and cutting the curve.

Ad far ad jigsaw blades go, just buy the cheap wood blades. The LVP had aluminum oxide in it and it eats any blade for breakfast.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 15, 2021 at 12:48 pm

I am out of town today, but tomorrow i will share a video with you on the quarter round.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 16, 2021 at 12:27 pm
  • Philip

December 17, 2021 at 9:20 am

I was thinking of using the end cap wall to wall because in some cases the wall isn’t that far from the edge of the door so you don’t see the ends but I think I like you quarter round method better. I will check it out when I get back home from my week away at work again.

Also I am pretty sure I am going to have to get the planks to go thru a doorway parallel to the planks . I am thinking of making them join in the middle of the doorway so I can cut out the end and slide them in. Any tips on doing planks thru doorways?

• Joe

Administrator
      December 17, 2021 at 10:30 am

Share a pic of the situation and I will help you through it.

• Philip

December 23, 2021 at 11:35 am

I am not to the doorway yet but just placed the planks where they should be at when I get there. I will under cut the door frame when it get there. I also put pictures of the edges of the planks. There is 3 doorways in the hall that will be like this.

• Joe

Administrator
    December 24, 2021 at 6:45 am
    • Philip

December 30, 2021 at 10:20 am

Thanks Joe for the help so far.

Kitchen, dinning room, and living room done except for new baseboards. I did make the planks for the front hall off center because if I did center them the back hall would have 1″ on one side. You can’t really tell that they are off center. I made templates around the fireplace with cardboard one by one, it worked great. Also got planks into the 3 doorways and hallway. I am off to work out of town for a week to rest up for the rest of the house.. haha

Thanks again for all the help you provide!!

Phil

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Philip.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Philip.
  • Joe

Administrator
    December 30, 2021 at 10:43 am

Looks really good Phil!! I would be very proud of this accomplishment man, well done!!