Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by tom on January 10, 2022 at 10:30 am

My dogs decided I should remove the carpeting and install plank. We are looking at Lowes LV for its waterproof abilities. Haven’t decided on anything specific yet. Definitely looking for suggestions!

This is for the upstairs – the floorplan on the left. One area I’m unsure of is at the top of the stairs. Currently the subfloor is at exactly the same level as the top molding piece of the stairs. This piece is only about 3.5 inches wide, though. It’s like they ripped the front off of a piece of the stairs and used that at the top of the stairs. This piece is let into the sides of the staircase, so it would be a little tricky to replace it nicely. I can send a photo of this area if it would help.

Joe replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    January 10, 2022 at 11:39 am
  • tom

January 17, 2022 at 10:37 am

I should have mentioned, the bathrooms will definitely be different from the rest of the floor. They have a marble threshold currently.

Would it be unwise to have more than one style of plank? In other words, one style for the hallway and master, but then something different for the other three bedrooms?

<div><div>I’ve attached a picture of the top of the stairs. You can see the subfloor comes up close to the top piece of stair tread. That top piece is grooved into the side pieces of the staircase. The carpet is currently raised up from that top piece of stair tread, but it’s never been a problem, or even anything we thought much of.</div>

Thank you!

• Joe

Administrator
    January 17, 2022 at 1:03 pm