Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    July 15, 2022 at 8:34 am
    • Derek

July 15, 2022 at 11:19 am

Thanks for the reply Joe!
      I’ll gather additional photos of the house and of the plan this afternoon.

I DO know the plan is Mathews and Parlo, lxp100, vinyl plank.
      The engineered wood that is in the home is indeed a floating floor. It was damaged by some flooding years ago, but kept in place by the previous owner. We live in CO at about 7000 ft elevation, so general humidity isn’t much a problem here….thankfully.

• Derek

July 19, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Joe…here are some additional photos showing the plank.

• Derek

July 19, 2022 at 8:19 pm

Hey Joe. Here’s a youtube link showing a quick walkthrough.

https://youtu.be/zqmbC6Cq05M

My plan is to start upstairs. I was thinking of running the planks parallel to the hallway like you suggested. I’m wondering if I should start in Bedroom 1 (attached photo) and work towards the hallway. I don’t have any problem with floor prep (stapling down the current floor & feather finish). I really don’t want to tear up the existing flooring eventhough it’s a floating floor. I’m also really hoping to not have to remove the baseboards. Is that wishful thinking? I have a small shoe trim that I was planning to install to cover my 1/4″ gap around the floor.

To answer your questions:

-The dash lines represent the raised floors in the main living room as you walk in the front door and in the master bedroom.

-The blank area you ask about at 8:36 in your video is access to the basement and won’t have vinyl.

-I’m wanting to install vinyl on all the floors with the hopes to not use any transitions.

Hope this all is helpful.

• Derek

July 19, 2022 at 8:28 pm

One more detail for you Joe.

Attached are a couple photos of floor showing how it was installed. I thought these might help you understand how it was installed and what I’m working with. There are parts of the floor that have a little bounce in them and I’m hoping the stapling down will suffice.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 20, 2022 at 10:42 am

Here is the upstairs blueprint – https://somup.com/c3iYopuZUI

• Derek

August 2, 2022 at 9:30 am

Thanks Joe! We went on vacation for a week, so I haven’t been in “floor” mode until now. I’ll be starting in tomorrow on the upstairs. Thanks for all the help and tips. I’ve ordered the padding per your recommendation. I think I have a good direction to get going. One question that did arise is what do I do (if anything) with the tile. The laundry room, hallway restroom, and master bath all have tile. I’m hoping to simply lay right over it, but the laundry tile has a small transition and sits maybe 1/4″ – 1/2″ taller than the rest of the existing flooring. The tile in the hallway bath and master bath sit level with the current flooring. Should I demo the tile out of the laundry or transition up?

Thanks again!

• Joe

Administrator
    July 20, 2022 at 11:47 am

Here is your main floor blueprint – https://somup.com/c3iYDHuZ4t

• Joe

Administrator
    August 2, 2022 at 10:26 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 10, 2022 at 1:32 pm

I am really sorry Derek, I sent this yesterday and it did not send for some reason – https://somup.com/c3j6Fuu7hI

• Derek

August 12, 2022 at 12:52 pm

Hey Joe,

When measuring the width of the hallway (video time 6:40)….do you measure from center of door jam to the opposite center of door jam. Or, from the edge of the hallway wall the opposite wall?

• Joe

Administrator
    August 12, 2022 at 3:39 pm

Wall to wall

• Joe

Administrator
    August 18, 2022 at 9:09 am
  • Joe

Administrator
    August 19, 2022 at 2:16 pm

Is your plan to have a break at the door to the bedroom?

• Derek

August 19, 2022 at 2:22 pm

I was hoping to have zero or very little transituons. But if it makes it a lot easier I guess I’d consider it.

• Joe

Administrator
    August 19, 2022 at 3:58 pm
    • Derek

August 19, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Got it. Do you think a couple/ few extra layers of padding would help?

• Joe

Administrator
    August 20, 2022 at 5:34 am

Cardboard or tar paper would be better

• Joe

Administrator
    August 23, 2022 at 1:13 pm
Page 1 of 2