Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Calibamboo

• Calibamboo

Posted by Ed on March 2, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Just interested if anyone knows of or has used Calibamoo’s Geowood flooring. We took the plunge and will be putting this flooring down in our house, so I guess by the end I’ll be the expert ????

Looking for tips/tricks of install and any pro’s and cons. Specifically interested in working “backwards” with this product.

Joe replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • George

March 3, 2021 at 10:11 am

Hey Ed, “bamboo” sounds like it’s a wood laminate rather than vinyl plank. Joe says his instructions apply to both the same way. “Long edge first, then end” seems to depend on the way the ends and sides are different from typical laminate or vinyl plank flooring. I’m no expert like Joe, so I’d rely on Joe’s advice first. You could explore YouTube with the search term “bamboo flooring” and see if you find anything helpful.

• Joe

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 10:51 am

Watch this video Ed. The biggest benefit with a drop and lock is there is it can help a lot in difficult areas like doorjambs, or tight fitting areas, because you don’t need to first get the butt joint into place.

https://laminateuniversity.sothatshowyoudothat.com/how-the-locking-system-works/

How the Locking System Works