Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Brian

February 27, 2024 at 12:53 pm
  • Brian

February 27, 2024 at 12:55 pm
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 27, 2024 at 5:49 pm

I am filming today and I will answer this first thing tomorrow. Thanks for being patient!

• Brian

February 28, 2024 at 6:46 am

Sounds good! Also….I am flooring the entire area. Is it okay to lay LVP over the tile without skim coating it? I have built up the subfloor to match the tile height. It is laid on a 45 as you can see in pics, so it should never land on a grout joint as the new floor won’t be on an angle. I’m just worried about bleed through after it sits for a year or two. The lvp is Firmfit Downtown Collection in King Street. Thanks!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 28, 2024 at 8:03 am
  • Brian

February 28, 2024 at 8:40 am

Thanks for the reply. After hearing what you said, I am going to fill all grout lines with Henry’s 549. We live in Ohio, and we have plenty of sun exposure with lots of windows on this portion of the house and I don’t want to take a chance! As for the plank direction, I am leaning on starting in the dining room and working towards the kitchen. I watched your video’s on using the string line and assume I would have to use this method to extend the line into the study since the exterior wall continues to jog in a couple times. What are your thoughts of starting on the opposite end of the house (great room and kitchen) and working towards the dining room and study? I understand there will be some working backwards but thought it might be easier for me to keep a straight line? Also, when looking at there website…it says this is a tight lock ( tap down) locking system. Is this considered a drop and lock? Thanks again for all your help!

• Joe

Administrator
    February 28, 2024 at 8:48 am
  • Brian

February 28, 2024 at 7:33 pm

Joe…after watching your last video answer I understand it a lot better….guess I was just having a brain fart! I plan on starting down in the dining room and working up towards the kitchen so the only part to work backwards will be the small area in the study. Hoping everything goes smoothly….I’ll keep you posted! Thanks again!!

• Brian

February 29, 2024 at 10:51 am

Joe….after rewatching the first reply of yours I see where you wanted my decision on plank direction and starting point. I plan on starting in the dining room and running it east and west. If you would give me a quick run down of how you would proceed, I would appreciate it. If you could also include a quick drawing of how the tongue and groove should be laying when I start, that would be awesome. I believe the plank I am installing is a drop and lock from what I’m reading in the installation instructions. I plan on having all prep work done on Saturday and starting work on Sunday. Thanks once again!!