Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Posted by brent on February 17, 2024 at 12:53 pm

Hi Joe,

I’ll be installing this flooring in our top floor over wood subfloor: https://nicefloors.com/product/nice-floors-signature-5-5mm-european-collection-spc-london-9-l904/ . We’re looking at the 2 bedrooms on the left, down the hallway, into the bathroom, and then the large great room on the right. I’m thinking we’ll go left to right with the long run starting in the bedroom going all the way down the hall into the great room.

Our biggest challenge will be clearing furniture for the demo and install, we’ll most likely clear half the room and start the install, then move everything over to finish. There’s carpet in the top left bedroom, through the hallway and into the great room. The bottom left bedroom has old laminate that we’ll remove, and the bathroom has tile that we’ll remove.

Thanks,

Brent

brent replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    February 19, 2024 at 8:59 am
  • brent

February 19, 2024 at 11:41 am

Hi Joe,

Yes, I agree, starting in the top left bedroom and then only having to work backward in the bathroom and the top half of the living room sounds good to me.

One question I have is how to manage the center line in the hallway, where it’s wider in the hallway by the stairs and bathroom, and then it’s narrower as you go to the living room. I assume we measure the center line of the larger part by the bathroom and see where things land as it extends towards the living room.

Thanks,

Brent

• Joe

Administrator
    February 20, 2024 at 9:11 am
    • brent

February 20, 2024 at 12:29 pm

Thanks Joe, the flooring arrives this week, so we’ll see how it goes. 🙂