Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    November 3, 2021 at 7:45 am
  • Tim

November 3, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Thank you for the quick response, Joe!

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes, that is an opening between the foyer and the living room. It’s a pretty open floor plan with high ceilings, etc.

2. I’ve attached to pics with more info on the Floret Rigid Plank. They’re installed from left to right, so I believe that the groove sides should be closest to the walls.

3. The fireplace hearth is made of stone and very uneven where it meets the floor. I’ve cut away some of the mortar to make room for the plank.

4. Direction – I’m leaning N/S. I think that it will flow and look better. I was also thinking that N/S would be easier to install. There will be fewer “blind” rows for me to deal with when getting around the islands. I can also get a good foundation line that runs from the living room to the back of wall of the house.

Thanks again!

Tim

• Joe

Administrator
    November 4, 2021 at 11:59 am

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/crXfD93Mp9

• Joe

Administrator
    November 4, 2021 at 12:18 pm

here is the link I mentioned – https://youtu.be/9bt6qUiXBF8

• Tim

November 16, 2021 at 8:45 am

Hi Joe,

Finally got started on my project this weekend, and your guidance has been a huge help!

I took extra time to make sure that I had a nice, straight reference line from the living room to the back wall of the house. Your suggestion here was critical. It’s parallel with the inside dining room wall and will provide a good sight line.

I then created a second reference line closer to my starting point in the family room (23’ from the first) and used it to install and lock down my first 3 rows. After 7 rows, I was still dead-on straight, so I’m confident that I have a solid foundation.

I’m now working around my stone fireplace. I had already cut out the mortar, but the unevenness of the stone requires some fun cuts. Patience and your technique for installing planks in difficult spots was a huge help here. It was the only way I could get the plank on the side of the fireplace installed (pic attached).

Thanks for being a fantastic resource!

Tim

• Joe

Administrator
    November 16, 2021 at 8:51 am

Tim, that looks absolutely stunning man! Well done! Patience is definitely needed in situations like these and it pays off when all done.