Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Tagged: ,

• Posted by Lori on September 29, 2021 at 3:21 pm

Hi Joe,

I am ready for your awesome blueprint. It has been a long road getting here and we are excited and a bit nervous. Getting around the kitchen cabinets, wall and laundry without having too slim of planks seem difficult.

My layout is not to scale.
    I am planning on running the planks from right to left unless you have reasons not to.

<font face=”inherit”>The planks will run under the stair case. There is not a riser on the first stair. It is open and the first step rest on the stringer base. I have attached photos. You can see the posts and stringers in the photo and they are </font>labeled<font face=”inherit”> on the layout.</font>

I also have a small hallway upstairs but plan on doing it and the staircase after the main floor.

I identified the tongue and grove to the best of my ability. I added photos of the illustrations from the instructions so you can help confirm. The end pieces are drop click. Just an FYI, Gaia has your marking board in their instructions.

Thank you!!!!!

Appx. 700 sq ft

Flooring: Gaia Flooring, Red Series, Color Riva

Size 9“ x 60” x 8mm

<font face=”inherit”>10 planks </font>equal<font face=”inherit”> 90″5/8</font>

Valinge Drop Click
    Engineered eSPC is Multi-ply with stability core and balancing layers

Flooring link https://www.gaiafloor.com/index.php?id=2041

Installation Instructions link http://www.gaiafloor.com/res/soft/2021/Red_Series_Installation.pdf

Joe replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Joe

Administrator
    September 30, 2021 at 10:03 am

I have a few questions – http://somup.com/crQvonrWBo

• Lori

September 30, 2021 at 1:17 pm

I see what you pointed out. I would have completely missed it.

The planks are 9″1\16 x 60″

I ran a string line and put the measurements on a drawing.

The combined thickness of the post and stringer is 6 inches. It looks like it can make it though them and still land in the in a good spot of the doorway and closet. The two post look lined up so I was surprised to see it off by 5\16″ I am guessing the wall must not be very straight. I tried putting a cheep laser on it but not sure if I did it right. The last photo has it.

I will gladly take more photos and measurements if needed.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Lori.
  • Joe

Administrator
    September 30, 2021 at 2:05 pm
    • Lori

September 30, 2021 at 3:16 pm

The two measurements you ask for are 36″1/8. The left corner is crooked and is wider right next to the door, 36″1/4 vs the corner 36″1/8. I added photos of both sides of the hall and the crooked corner of it.

You are right about the post and stringers. They are attached not notched. They are 4×4 posts and stringer is 2″5/8 thick. The floor space between the post and stringer is 16″7/8.

Thank you!

• Joe

Administrator
    September 30, 2021 at 4:00 pm
    • Lori

September 30, 2021 at 4:31 pm

Two planks are just between 18”1/8 & 3/16

The door jam is 4”5/8

I added the photo so you know I understood what you wanted.

Thanks for your extra time you are having to do.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 1, 2021 at 10:20 am

I am working on this and will have it done today.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 1, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Here is your blueprint – http://somup.com/cr6Vbr3VEK

• Lori

October 1, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Hi Joe,

Thank you so much for the blueprint. Your knowledge of flooring and you ability to explain it really shows. It has given me a lot more confidence in completing this job. I am so thankful you have this service.

I will be in touch if needed once we get started in a few days.

Lori

• Lori

October 2, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Hi Joe,

First if it is your weekend you don’t have to figure this out now. I may not start until Monday or Tuesday.

When figuring out the center of my hallway you were using 38”1/8 vs 36”1/8 that is on the layout. I twist numbers & letters a lot and understand so no worries. Using my 36 1/8 inches it ends up in weird spots whether I leave it in the center or move it over half a plank. If I move it over a half a plank, it’s just passes to the far end of the post which is too far and I’d left in the center it is too short to hit the post. Do I go ahead and move it over half a plank and then back it up an inch or two so it is still within the post range?

Have a great weekend,

Lori

• Lori

October 2, 2021 at 6:48 pm

Hi Joe,

I added some photos and did some fidgeting to help when you get a chance to look at my last post. If I move the off center plank line back an 1 1\2″ (the one we moved over a half plank), it puts the seam in a place on the post that I can slide the plank in. I am guessing I will need to glue these seams.

• Lori

October 2, 2021 at 7:04 pm

Hi Joe,

I added some photos and did some fidgeting to help when you get a chance to look at my last post . If I move the off center plank line back an 1 1\2″ (the one we moved over a half plank), it puts the seam in a place on the post that I can slide the plank in. I am guessing I will need to glue these seams. I hope these help visualize some options.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 4, 2021 at 8:52 am