Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    August 4, 2022 at 10:12 am
  • A’Mahri

August 4, 2022 at 5:38 pm

Hi Joe,

You’re correct about the direction of the dip in the kitchen.

2) I would prefer to run the plank upstairs in the opposite direction of downstairs. ( example you showed without working backwards)

3) I initially planned to have the plank downstairs flow in the same direction as upstairs. do you think this would cause too many problems with that dip ? I definitely want to go with what you think is best. I just wanted to ask again before making final decision. As long as the plank flowing with the dip will not be an eye sore compared to upstairs direction I’m ok with doing that!

4) You’re correct about the rooms labeled ” X” I will not be installing.

I will look into stair nose material and let you know.

Thank you,

• Joe

Administrator
    August 5, 2022 at 11:23 am

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c3jhD3uGjC

• A’Mahri

August 5, 2022 at 8:05 pm

Hi Joe,

Awesome Blueprint ! A while ago I asked you about installing Quiet walk. You suggested that I install it in sections for easy install. Should I tape the seams while working or will the seams not cause any issues? I will be stapling of course.

Thank you!!

• Joe

Administrator
    August 6, 2022 at 9:56 am

The seams have a tape on them that the manufacturer built in. Once you lay your next row of pad I like to staple one end, stretch the pad on the other end to remove bubbles and then staple. I then tape the seam together.

• Mark

August 8, 2022 at 9:19 am

Lurking in on this thread, I remember the video of stapling down 1/4 plywood (there were LOTS of staples) but can’t recall best practices for QuietWalk. Their installation instructions don’t call for stapling and I wasn’t sure whether it was designed to handle that sort of penetration. Should we just staple enough to make it lie flat? More?

• Joe

Administrator
    August 8, 2022 at 9:42 am

You do not have to staple it. I just like to staple the each end of a row to get any wrinkles out.