Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Joe

Administrator
    July 25, 2022 at 10:14 am

Yes, of course! Just upload them and I will take it from there.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 26, 2022 at 9:07 am

I have a few questions – https://somup.com/c3iO21uwyO

• jsbaumgartner

July 26, 2022 at 9:25 am

Thanks Joe

I look forward to working with you also. I really like the video walkthrough and talking to me with a recording as it makes it feel very personal. So for your questions I have the answers and I will provide pictures of the flooring as soon as I get home from work.

1. I would like to do entire first floor all rooms. The drawing does show tile, but that was just an example from designer. Yes, even bathroom floors if possible. I am taking your tile class for the custom shower, so that is the only floor that will get tile in the master bath shower.

2. Second floor drawing can be confusing as we have many high ceilings. So just the walkway/hallway, Isla Bedroom, Felix Bedroom and bathroom.

3. Floors are all wood subfloor.

4. We are at the drywall stage so I have a little time yet. Once drywall is finished I will paint the walls and ceilings then do the flooring.

5. Yes, I can take any pictures you need.

6. I will send pictues of the flooring soon.

Thanks for the prompt response and I look forward to working with you. I have finished a previous home basement with flooring, so I have some knowledge. Just made mistakes on that so i wanted to have a more professional look for this dream home. Also many rooms to go into and out of so I thought best to get the advice of a professional.

Jeremy

• Joe

Administrator
    July 26, 2022 at 11:28 am
  • jsbaumgartner

July 26, 2022 at 4:17 pm

<div>I meant to say NorthWest Ohio.</div>

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V1JazinE33SJ7TzL6

• jsbaumgartner

July 26, 2022 at 4:19 pm

Video tour Walkthrough.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UFE7pwAWzAtnKbKM9

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 27, 2022 at 6:20 am

Perfect! I will get to this tomorrow.

• Joe

Administrator
    July 28, 2022 at 3:16 pm

Here is your main floor blueprint – https://somup.com/c3iuYDuaoy

• Joe

Administrator
    July 28, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Here is the blueprint for up stairs – https://somup.com/c3iu0GuaTp

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Joe.
    • jsbaumgartner

August 17, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Joe – Thanks for the video walkthrough. This should be very helpful once i can get started. I do have a couple of questions and comments. I am sure you can point me to the videos in the training sections.

1. I will be hanging doors and putting vanities in after the flooring to make it easier and I think a better finished look.

2. I read somewhere and am confused about the expansion of the flooring when doing large sections like this. Do I just make sure to have 1/2inch around the walls for expansion? Or do I need to do some math to calculate the correct amount of gap?

3. I have added some pictures. How do i finish my upstairs hallway that does not have walls or the stairs area for the upstairs and basement stairs to finish the edge look?

4. Which areas describe and show the proper way to rip cut your pieces?

I may be able to start in sept after I can get the painting done. Drywall guy was sick so that set me back a week.

Thank you,

• Joe

Administrator
    August 18, 2022 at 9:13 am
    • jsbaumgartner

August 24, 2022 at 7:49 am

Hi Joe,

I watched the video a couple of times. I missed the answer to #2. About leaving the correct space on the edges for expansion.

Thanks,

Jeremy

• Joe

Administrator
    August 24, 2022 at 8:04 am

A quarter inch is plenty.

• jsbaumgartner

September 28, 2022 at 7:33 am

Good Morning Joe,

Well painting is complete, so on to flooring! I will probably be asking alot starting this next step so thank you in advance.

I have begun to check my layout and found the first trouble spot. In the main entrance where we decided to start I feel my line is crooked. I have triple checked the measurements and I believe one of the walls is about a 1/2″ off. Any idea on what to do here? So when I measure between the half bath wall and the stairwell between the walls i get 105 1/4 then down toward the front door I get 105 3/4 between the walls. I feel this is imporant to fix because it will make my floor crooked at the main entrance where we are starting. So with my walls not straight I am not sure know which wall is the straight one and how to determine the best one to go off of.

Jeremy

• Joe

Administrator
    September 28, 2022 at 9:33 am
    • jsbaumgartner

September 28, 2022 at 7:06 pm

I understood completly what you had discussed and went with your suggestions. After shifting my line a little so that we have a full row in front of the fireplace I went ahead and committed to that line. Moved it to the master bedroom and begun. I have completed about 15 rows this evening and I believe I am as stright as I can be from the master room wall. I have some of my first difficult places coming up.

Any Idea on which video shows how to cut out a heat vent? I have one coming up and cant find the video on best practice or tips.

Thanks for the quick response as I was able to get started today!

• Joe

Administrator
    September 29, 2022 at 8:41 am