Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums Where should I start – Post drawings and questions Blueprint Layout Request for Jason S

• Joe

Administrator
    October 4, 2022 at 4:52 pm

Welcome to the group! I am out of the office today and I will get to this right away in the morning.

• Jason

October 4, 2022 at 4:58 pm

Sounds great, Joe! I will do some prep work this evening and be ready for your notes and direction to get going tomorrow. Grateful.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 5, 2022 at 10:00 am
    • Jason

October 5, 2022 at 10:21 am

Joe, this is a great start. Thank you!

Starting in the Master Bedroom makes sense and let’s go with that plan and the plan direction as you recommended, especially for eliminating working backwards as much as possible.

In the main entry, that is a bench that you asked about it. I’m attaching a picture taken from standing at the threshold of the front door. And in the office, I also have cabinets installed.

In the two closets in the back hallway, I will not be adding the new flooring.

Our downstairs / main floor is on a wood subfloor. I’m installing the new product directly on existing engineered wood floor. It is really worn and I believe this is a quicker and more simple path for getting new flooring down for us to put our house on the market soon.

I have watched the first 3 Lessons in the course and a few of the Topics on the Prep Lesson but not all since my prep is pretty simple going on top of an existing floor. The office does have carpet and I did watch the video yesterday on how to level that room with extra subfloor.

I look forward to learning your magic on how to do this with no transitions going around the through both ends of the kitchen and your other tips.

Praying for your knee challenges. I have had a couple of surgeries myself over the years and I know the challenges.

• Joe

Administrator
    October 5, 2022 at 12:31 pm

Here is your blueprint – https://somup.com/c36hbvvc0B

• Jason

October 13, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Joe, I’m making good progress on the flooring installation. I’m so grateful for your layout / blueprint video and the tutorial videos. I am confident it helped me finish the project quicker and with better quality. I was even able to get the flooring to line up appropriately around the the kitchen with no transition pieces anywhere. I have a few end pieces left and will be all done and ready for shoe molding.

I did want to ask for your recommendation about what shoe molding to use. With so much shoe molding to install and with a short timeline to get our house on the market, I’m curious what your recommendation is between PVC, MDF or wood molding. Pricing is fairly similar at the big box stores where I am.

I have installed PVC in the past with only caulk to attach which was pretty fast without having to nail nor paint. Butt joints aren’t as smooth in my experience. I know wood is traditional and have used many times including coping for inside joints. Even with primed trim, I’m anticipating I will still need to paint. I have not used MDF for shoe molding before. It is already painted and might help speed up installation but I’m not sure having not used this material before.

What would you recommend for a quicker install and to get to the finish line?

• Joe

Administrator
    October 14, 2022 at 5:24 am