Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

Activity Feed Forums General Bathroom 1 Toilet cutout

• Bathroom 1 Toilet cutout

Posted by Ed on March 22, 2021 at 6:46 pm

My planks are 7 1/2 wide. The toilet cutout fell right in the middle of a board! The diameter of the the spacers for the toilet you see in the photo are 7″. Therefore cutting the board in half seems to be the most reasonable way to proceed.

These photos are using a mock scrap board just to see how the concept would look. Photo 1 shows the board cut in half but separated. Photo 2 shows the boards more or less pushed together and Photo 3 is just the finished board I am preparing to cut.

The board in front of this plank is a full board (no seam) and the current plan is for the board following this one to be a full board (no seam). The remaining piece to the wall is approx 2 inches.

1)Is this the best I can do?

2)any other options?

<font face=”inherit”>3) I was planning on gluing the seams between the boards both in front of and behind this cut out board for the toilet. Does this seem </font>reasonable?

Thanks is advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Joe replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Joe

Administrator
    March 23, 2021 at 9:27 am

Looks good just like that Ed, it will be covered anyway and it will not affect any of the other planks. Well done! and thanks for sharing this!