Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Sally

August 31, 2021 at 5:56 am

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly. Yes – we’re basically night and day with you guys. We’ve been to the states a number of times, but haven’t quite made it to Minnesota yet. Maybe next trip!

In answer to your questions: I have attached an image of the subfloor – we haven’t pulled the existing floor up yet (looking to do this in the next few days). We found this piece under the house, cut out when they installed the heating. It’s 20mm (3/4 inch), and tongue & groove. But there are several places where it seems uneven with squeaks when we walk over it and floor seems to move in some spots (deflection?) (we plan to even it out and remove the squeaks as part of floor prep). We probably will look to put down some plywood but it would be good to get your thoughts – 1/4inch or 1/2 inch?

The laminate is 12mm and I’ve also attached an image with what I think the male vs female ends are. Let me know if it’s unclear and I can take another photo. I’ll also upload a couple of videos for more info if that’s easier.

In regards to the direction, we agree. East to West is probably the direction we’ll go. We were going to try and start from the kitchen but leave the top bedroom (most northern room) and adjoining hall to later. It’s on a slab and there are some other hurdles we need to worry about before we tackle it.

Hopefully I’ve answered everything. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks again