Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community here!

• Lance

June 28, 2021 at 5:26 pm

I was hoping you would say to say away from the self leveler. Especially since the addition is all brand new concrete. Seems like that is the more expensive way to go. ????

However, if self leveler is the way to go due to the amount of repair work to do, then I’ll go that route. I saw a YouTube video of a guy (MrYouCanDoItYourself) using the spike shoes, and some tri-pods to ensure the leveler was at the desired height. I can segregate the rooms with the damn. I also can fill the bath with water and set aside some buckets… then add ice to them to cool them down.

I used my meat thermometer to check the temperature of our “cold” water. It is 82 degrees. We keep the indoor temperature at about 76 degrees in the summer here in the Phoenix area… that is 20 – 40 degrees cooler than it is outside!

I got my blueprint done! I’ve attached it to this message. Areas where there are dashed lines is where flooring will not be going.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide you with. I’m probably going to tear up the tile and start grinding on the old sunken living room area tomorrow.

Thank you for your help! God bless you!